PDA

View Full Version : The Disney Obsession

Suz36
10-27-2010, 03:23 PM
It's always great to come to Intercot to chat with folks who are just as infatuated with Disney as I am - makes me feel like my obsession isn't that unusual. However, I fear I may have discovered a new facet of that obsession that may be a little more unique. (Probably not though! ;)) When you have friends or even just acquiantances vacationing at WDW, do you find yourself wondering what they're doing throughout the day? Do you watch the weather in Orlando more closely? Do you get excited when you realize it's 9:00 and they're watching Illuminations, then pull out your video to "watch along with them?" :blush: Is it finally confirmed? Have I truly lost it????

Disney Hungarian
10-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Years ago they used to have (don't know if it is still up) a live video feed from the parks. I used to check crowd levels every day. :mickey:

Disney4us2
10-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Last year one of my friends was at WDW in Oct. We talked on the phone several times so I could join in on the fun. Even though is was just talking. I was able to be happy and excited for them.

Now they will be joining us for an April 2011 trip, and we can experience it together.

Other than that, I am always on Intercot. Listening to Disney music. Going to Disneyland (it is in my extended back yard).

Eeyore's Pal
10-27-2010, 04:52 PM
My friend was just down at WDW earlier this month and I got daily updates and photos that made my day. You are not alone.

darthmacho
10-27-2010, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't say you've "lost it", but you at the very least have to qualify yourself as being "Intercot Normal". Perhaps in the real world you're an obsessive oddball, but here you'll fit right in.
Me? I check ride wait times on my iTouch app several times a day, and review restaurant menus and reservation availability, even though I'm 1500 miles away. :paranoid:

AllDisney
10-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I am right there with you Suz36:mickey:

TysMomTink
10-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm the SAME way. I called my sister ten times the day she was there. "where are you now? oh. waiting for a monorail to epcot? ooh. so jealous!" Very normal at least my intercot standards.

I just got back from a trip and I'm already obsessing over our next trip. (Nothing scheduled... thinking about next December.) Everyone else thinks I'm nuts. I'm glad I have intercot to let me know I'm not alone. LOL.

Daisy'sMom
10-27-2010, 07:39 PM
I am leaving in the morning for a week at Disney. While I am there I will send mental images to you of the weather, the parks, the people.
Seriously, I still do that after all these years. When anybody goes, I try to imagine what is happening, checking the weather and hearing the sounds. You are not alone.:mickey:

Mogie
11-01-2010, 01:29 PM
The two worst feelings in the world are as follows, but necessarily in any order:

1) Being hung over at work after a late night.
2) Having a Disney Hangover at work the first day after a Disney vacation.

The first day after a trip i tend to scour the Disney fan sites, check out photo reports from peoples' trips. Then the reality sets in that I wont be back for a very long time.

That was almost 2 months ago when i got back from my latest trip...now I'm back to checking in with Intercot daily...trying to find a way to talking my GF into going back STAT!

joonyer
11-01-2010, 02:12 PM
The two worst feelings in the world are as follows, but necessarily in any order:

1) Being hung over at work after a late night.
2) Having a Disney Hangover at work the first day after a Disney vacation.

:ditto::exactly:
Boy! I hate the post Vacation Blues.:sad::cry: They usually set in on me about the time we are leaving WDW.

WDW&MK
11-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I am a middle-aged woman and I get teary-eyed as I leave the Magic Kingdom for the last time on our trip. I am bummed out all the way home and returning to work after coming home from vacation is the worst!! I love the term Disney Hangover :mickey: describes it well. I obsess about planning the next vacation. I love coming to intercot as well - just to know I am not alone....kind of like a support group :blush: