PDA

View Full Version : CRT on dining plan ?'s

brivers222
10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
I know if you don't have it they charge your Credit Card as soon as you make the reservation...

But if you are on the Dining Plan how does that work? I don't want to have my credit card tied up with a charge for 6months while I wait to attend it, knowing full well i will be using the dining plan.

WishingStar2006
10-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Yes, it's 2TS for CRT...they take your credit card to guarantee the ressie but they never charge it....unless you are a no show. You don't have $$$ tied up for 6 months. You are just giving them authorization to charge it IF you don't show up. If your plans change, make sure you cancel the ressie and you're all set!!!! Enjoy!!! Can't wait to read your trip reports from your Honeymoon trip...the engagement trip was fun to read!!

brivers222
10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
oh okay thats so good to know! So its kinda like the way Akershus worked... never charged just had it in case i didn't show up.

Thanks! and thanks again, i wish i could write a pre-trip report now... lol 14 months away and I am getting the details all worked out hehe

Come on JUNE!!! i wanna get my ADRs

krose78
10-27-2010, 03:59 PM
actually they require full payment upon reservation

brivers222
10-27-2010, 04:00 PM
actually they require full payment upon reservation

how do you get the money back? I would not be paying using my Disney Visa, but instead 4 TS credits.....

TheRustyScupper
10-27-2010, 04:19 PM
how do you get the money back? I would not be paying using my Disney Visa, but instead 4 TS credits.....

1) Yes.
2) You get a credit when you appear for the meal.
3) In some cases, the credit can occur earlier.

WishingStar2006
10-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Sorry to have given you thewrong information...it's been a while since I went to CRT and when I went it was just a "reserve hold" thing like California Grill...so sorry!!!!

disneymom2000
10-27-2010, 06:26 PM
I made my reservation with my credit card and I saw it on my next statement. On previous visits I just had the restaurant make the change or you could always have the change made when you check out of the resort. They have done the deduction before when I was clearing my final billing at the resort.

brivers222
10-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Sorry to have given you thewrong information...it's been a while since I went to CRT and when I went it was just a "reserve hold" thing like California Grill...so sorry!!!!

Eh no biggie at all! Although between you and me.... i like YOUR answer better lmao!

Thanks everyone for the replies... I guess I will just take the charge for lunch and dinner CRT and then use the points it gets me on the card. Then at dinner make sure they reverse my Charge and then just use the DDP credits!

2MuchWDFun
10-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I made ADR's for CRT a couple of months ago for our upcoming December trip. I did have to give the CM a credit card--but was not charged since we are on the dining plan. I was advised that if I did not cancel in the set time that I would be charged for our meals.

The other posters can also be correct:
If you make the reservation for CRT through the on line system, you can only do so by paying for the reservation in full with a credit card; then if you are using the dining plan your credit card will be credited when you show up for the ADR. (Maybe this will change with the new reservation system?!!)

FYI: When I called and made the ADR for both Hoop de Doo and CRT, they took my credit card info for each of these ADR's, but I wasn't charged for either.

Hope that helps clarify things.

brivers222
10-29-2010, 10:14 AM
FYI: When I called and made the ADR for both Hoop de Doo and CRT, they took my credit card info for each of these ADR's, but I wasn't charged for either.

Hope that helps clarify things.

I can see it going both ways now! So actually calling in for CRT and HDDMR may be better on the DDP than OOP.

When I did the online ressie for CRT and HDDMR for our trip 2 weeks ago they immediately charged my card the full amount. So i can see not talking to an actual CM will result in this!

I guess I will call then unless in the next 8 months they update the online ressie system to allow ear marking as a dining plan ressie

magicofdisney
10-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Well this was my experience last September (2009). I made the CRT reservation on-line. I don't even remember if I had to give CC info but I do know I was NOT charged. It did ask if I was on the DDP and that must be why my CC wasn't charge. So, this is what happened last year. I don't know what new changes may have occurred since they've totally revamped their system.

brivers222
10-29-2010, 11:42 AM
see i thought as recent as 10/7/10 when you would make a ressie for anything it asked you if you were on the dining plan.... but now when i try to reserve anything for anytime, i don't see a box to check. Maybe it was just my imagination, because i was oop last trip so i really wasn't looking for dining plan boxes lol