PDA

View Full Version : Rides with Baby Bjorn

lawgirl
10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Im just curious for those of you with experience taking young children (6 months old)and what can we expect on the rides we take our baby on? He'll probably be in the Baby Bjorn most of the time...so for Peter Pan, and Pirates, and Pooh, and Small World...are we going to be able to take him on if he's in the Baby Bjorn? Do we have to take him out an carry him?

BrerGnat
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
This might differ at WDW (they seem to be more lax about this sort of thing), but at Disneyland, I could only wear the baby in the Bjorn for slow rides that did NOT have a safety bar.

For example, Small World, Pirates, teacups, railroad, Jungle Cruise were all okay.

ALL the fantasyland dark rides with bars that come down, I was required to remove my child from the Bjorn and sit him on my lap, facing forward.

Best is to ask the CM at the ride entrance. He/she will let you know if the baby can stay in or not. Make sure you ask BEFORE you get in line. The last thing you want to deal with is getting to the ride entrance after waiting in line, and finding out your baby fell asleep, and now you have to remove him/her from the bjorn to ride.

PinKy
10-27-2010, 02:56 PM
We took our DS when he was 5 months and we're taking the new baby when she will be 3months. You shouldn't have to take the baby out of the bjorn to ride anything that she would normally be able to ride (ie. Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan, Snow White, Haunted Mansion, etc.). The baby is actually safer IN the carrier than just being held on those ride (in case you are jolted slightly or bumped etc.). We have found that bringing a young baby was a breeze (they can sleep/eat nearly anywhere) and we really enjoyed our trip when our son was so small. Hope you enjoy your trip as well!

IloveJack
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
This might differ at WDW (they seem to be more lax about this sort of thing), but at Disneyland, I could only wear the baby in the Bjorn for slow rides that did NOT have a safety bar.

We experienced the same thing at WDW. In fact, we were sometimes told that our (at the time) 11 month old had to sit on the seat, not in our laps.

BrerGnat
10-27-2010, 08:04 PM
We experienced the same thing at WDW. In fact, we were sometimes told that our (at the time) 11 month old had to sit on the seat, not in our laps.

Yep, that's common. Once a child looks old enough to sit unassisted, the CM's usually ask that they do so.

I remember around 10 months, my son began sitting next to me on rides like Teacups, Dumbo, etc.