PDA

View Full Version : Yeti

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 01:19 AM
What happened to the Yeti?

DizneyRox
10-27-2010, 07:34 AM
What do you mean? Are you referencing the poor design that has left him just about motionless almost his entire life?

cer
10-27-2010, 09:11 AM
What I have heard is that the foundation he is on, and he is a really big and heavy guy and therefore gets his own foundation-separate from the mountain, has cracked.

If this is indeed the case, the fix is no small undertaking.

I have also heard that the company who built him is no longer in business. Nice, huh?

So that is what I have HEARD. Not sure if anyone can come along and confirm....but it is a pretty sad situation.:(

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 10:21 AM
I heard it's covered with a screen. I was just wondering. I had heard this in various posts.

DizneyRox
10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
There was some stink a while back about possible work being done to bring him back to life. It could be they are attempting this now. It happened a few months back, he was covered, and then quickly uncovered. If I were to guess, <guess>upon closer inspection it was worse than they thought so they were going back to the drawing board. That's just my guess. Could be that they now have plan b ready to execute and are going to try again.</guess>

joonyer
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM
There's a lot of discussion and speculation on the broken Yeti on this thread.

http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=173485&highlight=yeti

disneymom2000
11-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Is it obviously broken or just looks funny? I am taking someone in December who has never been and will they be able to tell that something is wrong having never seen it before?

Goofy4TheWorld
11-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Is it obviously broken or just looks funny? I am taking someone in December who has never been and will they be able to tell that something is wrong having never seen it before?

A rookie will have NO idea anything is wrong with the Yeti. They will love the ride and won't think twice about the fact the the Yeti doesn't move his arm anymore.

DisneyDudet
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Disco Yeti would not throw off anyone that hasn't seen it. Now, if they watch resort TV, they do (did) show video of the original working Yeti (which is way awesome, by the way). That may throw them off, but you are moving so fast that you have no idea what to focus on, they still may not notice.

Unless they are working on the exterior of the Yeti (combing his hair, maybe), I don't see why they would need a screen over it. If they are trying to get it back into A mode, then awesome, but I think it would cause large discussions and rumors.

DisneyFr33k
11-02-2010, 07:35 AM
I can answer this one. We had the honor of Dining with an Imagineer last week and asked about the Yeti. Apparently the orinigal Yeti would reach down to try and "grab you" as you raced by him. Very realistic - a fellow diner rode it those first few weeks it was operational. Something happened and the fix has been long. No mention of the company that built him etc., but the Imagineer did say they are working on bringing him back into full motion as that is one of the biggest complaints (with the Dumbo ride being the biggest complaint - parents complaining their child couldn't ride Dumbo - they are building a bigger Dumbo ride for the new Fantasyland too).

Carol
11-02-2010, 02:10 PM
This topic is already under discussion in the News forum. Please pop down there to continue the talk - as it's easier when all posts are in one area.

Thanks. :)