PDA

View Full Version : 2 different answers

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 01:18 AM
I called DVC Member Services with a question...and got two different answers.

Situation: I have a NON-DVC trip planned in December through Magical Journeys. Got a package and everything is paid for. I'm taking another trip...DVC trip...in November 2011. So, we decided to upgrade to AP's.

One customer service rep said to:
- check in to hotel
- go to the ticket counter at any park and do the upgrade

The other customer service rep said to:
- check in to hotel
- go to the Guest services OUTSIDE of the park and do the upgrade.

Which is it?

Also....If I check in first at the resort, and then go to the hotel...I'll have everything on my key correct? (does that include the tickets too)...or are the tickets separate to where I can just switch them to the DVC discounted AP's when I upgrade?

Pirate Granny
10-27-2010, 07:25 AM
I've done this as a non DVC person...check in and they will put you ticket on your room key...get to the park or DTD (they have a guest relations there too).

The ticket booths and/or guest relations are before you enter the parks...they will read your key, figure out the difference in price and reissue you a PAPER AP ticket....I hate that they can't seem to give me a plastic ticket for that kind of $$$$.

Have a great time:cloud9:

DizneyRox
10-27-2010, 07:50 AM
To get the DVC discount, I think you will need to visit Guest Relations outside the parks (and at DTD). I've always done this and never had a problem.

They maybe made changes to this policy, but the nature of getting and verifying eligibility for an AP is not the same as normal tickets.

I'm guesing it's a trust issue and them thinking the GR people have heard all the excuses, etc and are better able to control the discounting.

VWL Mom
10-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Since your first trip is non-DVC I just wanted to remind you that you will need to have your DVC card for the AP upgrade. DH is notorious for leaving his at home.

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks. I knew the first Customer Rep HAD to be wrong. To upgrade to an AP w/a DVC discount, sounded as if it needed to be done at the Guest Relations counter...but he was insistent that it was at the regular ticket booth.

My plan is to:
- check in, get tickets
- go to the Guest Relations either that night or the next day before we enter the parks to upgrade and have paper AP's issued to us for a difference in cost.

Sound right?

Thanks so much!

Tinkermom
10-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks. I knew the first Customer Rep HAD to be wrong. To upgrade to an AP w/a DVC discount, sounded as if it needed to be done at the Guest Relations counter...but he was insistent that it was at the regular ticket booth.

My plan is to:
- check in, get tickets
- go to the Guest Relations either that night or the next day before we enter the parks to upgrade and have paper AP's issued to us for a difference in cost.

Sound right?

Thanks so much!

That is exactly right! Have fun!:mickey: