PDA

View Full Version : wifi

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 01:13 AM
DVC members get free wifi?

CanadianWDWFan
10-27-2010, 06:01 AM
No free wifi from Disney, DVC members get free internet access if they stay on points. If you take your own wifi router then you can have wifi.

DizneyRox
10-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Actually, I beleive it's free Internet, regardless of if it's wired or wireless. I used the WiFi at Kidani every day for close to two weeks and didn't pay a cent for Internet access.

Maybe it's specific to AKLV, but I doubt it.

PixieDreams27
10-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Thats good to know, thanks. :mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
10-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Actually, I beleive it's free Internet, regardless of if it's wired or wireless. I used the WiFi at Kidani every day for close to two weeks and didn't pay a cent for Internet access.

Maybe it's specific to AKLV, but I doubt it.
We only had wired access at OKW on our last visit.

Horizon93
11-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I didn't know that there was free wifi at Kidani. I knew that there was some in the lobby area, but is it also in the rooms?

seanyred
11-07-2010, 10:44 AM
I would like to know as well. I wish they would offer free wifi in the rooms at minimum for their members. All they would have to do is password protect it and provide the password upon request.

DizneyRox
11-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Who said there was WiFi in the rooms? As with most deluded, it's in public areas. The pool are at Kidani has it, it's a public area...

Roo Girl
12-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm curious too- I think we've always gotten free internet usage when staying on points but I'm wondering too if BLT offers Wifi. I figure since its new construction it would? The idea of a wired internet seems silly at this stage of technology/new construction. does anyone know?

SD Price
12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I used wired in my BLT bedroom desk last week, there was no wireless there. I didn't try or see anyone else trying to WiFi in the BLT common areas.

High speed was free since I'm a DVC member.

FWIW, Free wireless in rooms at HHI DVC in SC.

PETE FROM NYC
12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
We stayed at BLT in September, on points and had free wired internet service. The wire was hanging up in a special bag in the closet.
For those people staying there oop, internet costs approx $10/ 24 hrs.

Dyanna
12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
We are leaving in 10 days & plan on bringing my laptop. Would it be smart if I was to bring my own phone cord or are they found in all room closets as mentioned above? Also, what do I have to do to get my free internet access since I am staying using my DVC points?

JPL
12-29-2010, 04:45 PM
We are leaving in 10 days & plan on bringing my laptop. Would it be smart if I was to bring my own phone cord or are they found in all room closets as mentioned above? Also, what do I have to do to get my free internet access since I am staying using my DVC points?

Every room has the cable in the closet. It's a 6 foot cable so unless you want a little more freedom you should be fine.

You don;t have to do anything to get the free access staying on points just logon and your room simply isn't charged when they see you are staying on points.

DizneyRox
12-29-2010, 08:39 PM
By phone cord I'm guessing you mean Ethernet. Those are provided, but if you really want to use a dial up connection I think you will need to provide your own phone cord.

Since you reference DVC and free Internet I'm going to guess you meant Ethernet though... The cables are very different and not interchangable.

princessjojo
12-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Taking this question a step further, if I have, like an iPad with wifi, and can't get wifi in my dvc room, is there an adapter that I can use to get info, and download things to the internet? I love my technology, but and so completely ignorant. I like to turn it on and use it and have my kids teach me new tricks...

DizneyRox
12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
You would need a wireless router. I've heard that they do sell mini travel ones for this purpose. i can't recommned anything however, never had any experience or need for one.

You would set it up at home and secure it. That way you're not sharing your Internet connection with anyone else down there.

MinnieMommie
01-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Members have free internet connections in their rooms and hotel lobbies. As a rule of thumb expect to have wired connections in rooms and wireless in the lobby. :mickey:

fupresti
01-09-2011, 12:20 AM
Villas at Grand Californian has free WiFi for what it's worth.