PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about "Let The Memories Begin"

Sunshine1010
10-26-2010, 11:26 PM
When will they start this new promo....and can anyone tell me what it will be? I hear it will be pics posted on the castle. Would that look good (I thought they left the Christmas lights on all year).....

Strmchsr
10-27-2010, 07:51 AM
The campaign has already started. There's commercials on TV all the time and all over WDW's website. As for "what" it will be - not much. Disney is asking guests to submit photos on their website and those are used on the castle and in commercials. Other than that, it'll just be branding. There's no other "hook" with this like giving stuff away during the Year(s) of a Million Dreams.

As for pics on the castle, the castle lights are only on from October to January (and only lit from mid-Nov through early Jan). I don't know how those projections will look but other things they have projected on the castle have looked fine. Those projections will start in January.

Sunshine1010
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Well...that explains it. That's exactly the info I was wondering.

I've seen the commercials, but I haven't been on the website. For some reason, their website seems to move slow on my computer. I tend to consider INTERCOT my source. he he

Thanks so much!!!!!! In January, I'll start looking on YouTube to see if anyone has posted videos of the new pics that will be shown on the castle.

disneymom2000
11-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Where will the projections occur on the castle? Will it be above the stage area of on a side wall somewhere?

Drumguy074
11-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Here's a video of what it will look like. The pictures they project are supposed to come from the photopass pictures taken in the park that day, from what I understand.

http://wdwnews.com/viewvideo.aspx?videoid=115597&siteid=1

Gator
11-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I wonder if we can send in pictures or videos to Disney, then tell them what day we're gonna be at the Magic Kingdom so that they can put our pics on the Castle that night. That would be cool.

WDWPrincess
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
I wish they would spend the money and energy on new rides instead