PDA

View Full Version : That little thing you do.

GA girl
10-26-2010, 04:12 PM
What is the one little annoying thing that the person that you love does that makes you go huh?
Mine is…when my husband eats fried chicken he eats it plain. No sauce at all. Won’t even think about putting anything on it. But, when he eats fried chicken tenders, he will not eat it unless he has honey mustard.:confused: Now what is the difference? It tastes the same to me whether it has a bone in it or not.

luvmyboys4ever
10-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Too funny! :rotfl: Sorry, but I have to agree with the hubby on this one. I will state my case:
Fried chicken still has the skin on, which makes it way too greasy for anything else. Grease and any dip is like oil and water...to me, anyway.
Chicken tenders have no skin, so they are not too greasy. They can handle a little moisture from a dip(straight honey is my favorite).
That's my case and I'm sticking too it! :judge:
Now, my DH puts french dressing on his tenders, and that just bothers me to no end! :ack:

SBETigg
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
If my husband grocery shops or we shop together, he won't do the buy 1-get 1 free. Say, for example, we're buying bread and they have the special buy 1 get 1 free on the brand we buy. I say, great, two for one! And I pick up both. He says, "honey, come on, we don't need two. One will just go bad." Frustrates me! Come on, it's free bread. Who cares if we only eat half a loaf? Now I know it's not "free" free, and that the prices go up and down depending and all that blah. But if it's what we normally buy anyway, and they want to give me one for buying one, why would I say no? We always argue about this when the store has those specials. :D

GA girl
10-26-2010, 05:00 PM
We have been married 18 years and I love him dearly, but he also eats his pizza with a knife and fork. This past summer at Disney, his plastic fork melted in his pizza. He held it up and all of the tines were bent over. We just told him that is why you don’t eat pizza with a fork. Lol.

BrerGnat
10-26-2010, 09:35 PM
If my husband grocery shops or we shop together, he won't do the buy 1-get 1 free. Say, for example, we're buying bread and they have the special buy 1 get 1 free on the brand we buy. I say, great, two for one! And I pick up both. He says, "honey, come on, we don't need two. One will just go bad." Frustrates me! Come on, it's free bread. Who cares if we only eat half a loaf? Now I know it's not "free" free, and that the prices go up and down depending and all that blah. But if it's what we normally buy anyway, and they want to give me one for buying one, why would I say no? We always argue about this when the store has those specials. :D

DH and I are the opposite! I never want to do the "2 for 1" thing, although, I do it with bread because you can put it in the freezer!

DH drives me crazy with the "weird" food combinations he likes. He does it because he knows it drives me crazy. There is no way that anyone could actually enjoy eating some of the stuff he likes...

lynnek
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
O.K. I know you're going to say I asked for it...but, my husband used to do the grocery shopping (until I figured out how much money he was spending). He took DS and DD1 with him. He would buy random proteins, telling the kids, let's see what she can do with this:) You see, we rate dinners--over 5 can be cooked again, under 5, please no! So my "Huh??!" is all those random proteins!

Disney Hungarian
10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
O.K. .... He would buy random proteins...

I have never had a protein that I did not like.

Since no one will chime in about me. I will talk about myself. I have a sort of table etiquette that bothers others. I do not like trash on our dining table. If I go to a restaurant with someone; I do not like them using our dining table as their common trash can. It bugs people to death that I will clean the table off during dinner. So, that's my thing. Just let my OCD do it's thing. I must say that I am in no way a neat freak either. I am a cluttery person, just not a filthy person.

LauraF
10-27-2010, 10:40 AM
My sweetie refuses to eat leftovers. Once it touches his plate if it doesn't go into his mouth immediately, it is gross/dirty/inedible.

I personally love to cook, and will make large casseroles on the weekends, but he never eats from them unless it is right after it comes out of the oven. Ditto with restaurant food. He'll get the doggy bag out of politeness, then leave it in the fridge for weeks, or refuse to eat it when I give it to him. He claims it is food safety, but I'm sorry, there is absolutely nothing wrong with food a few hours old, covered properly in the fridge. A week old, yeah, I agree it's gross.

I told him he can eat it or cook for himself. So far he cooks, so win-win! :-)

Ian
10-27-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm just an all around annoying human being, so I'm quite certain DW would need multiple posts to answer this question about me ...

Me for her? Nothin' ... she's perfect. And she reads these boards. And that's my story. And I'm stickin' to it. :D

princessgirls
10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm just an all around annoying human being, so I'm quite certain DW would need multiple posts to answer this question about me ...

Me for her? Nothin' ... she's perfect. And she reads these boards. And that's my story. And I'm stickin' to it. :D
Good Answer Ian!!!

Fred is perfect too...:cool:I'm sticking too it! Maybe a little messy at times, but all in all no complaints...LOL!
Julie:mickey:

SBETigg
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
I'll add another one (or two) since some of us are taking the high road. :) Not just the husband for this one but also my kids. I seem to be the only one in my house who shuts the kitchen cabinets. Drives me crazy. You get something out. Shut the cabinet. You put something in. Shut the cabinet. Seems so logical to me, and yet-- my cabinets are always wide open, as if it's such a terrible amount of work to close them. They're not heavy doors!

Also, I am the only one in my house who has mastered putting toilet paper on the roller. Yay me! Such an advanced technical skill. Apparently.

Jen C.
10-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Something along the lines of what Sherri said...

My DH never fully closes his dresser/bureau drawers, or kitchen drawers....any drawers. He leaves them just sticking out ever so slightly. Drives me insane. Certifiably insane. :ill:

princessjojo
10-28-2010, 01:31 PM
There are several very small things he and the kids do that send me over the edge, but the biggest thing is the whole dishes/dishwasher thing. If the dishes in the dishwasher are dirty or the machine is empty, then put your dishes in it when you finish. I call it the rinse and remove method. Rinse them off and remove them from the sink.

I will admit that the thing I do that infuriates my DH the most is my shoes. They're everywhere--by the door, in the bathroom, behind the sofa, under the coffee table. I try and have gotten better, but where I pause it where they come off.

Dulcee
10-28-2010, 04:13 PM
The most annoying thing, my DBF will only eat one thing at a time on his plate. I love to cook and I plan meals around everything going together and then he eats all the protein, then the vegetable, then the starch.

Always irks me!

lynnek
10-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Sherri--the toilet paper thing is an epidemic:)

TikiGoddess
10-28-2010, 05:10 PM
My husband will NOT clean out the sink strainer. I'll start making dinner and look in the sink to find soggy cereal that has been sitting there all day. EEEEWWW.

He basically said that if it bothers me, then I should do it. My point was if he loved me, he would do it BEFORE I found it because he knows it bothers me!! :D

Kathy

BrerGnat
10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Okay, thought of one that really drives me insane!!!

DH leaves his dirty clothes on the floor. All. The. Time.

I hate it. Part of me wants to leave it there and just see how much piles up before he gets the hint. The other part of me cannot stand to look at it, so I pick it up and put it in the hamper.

The worst is when he leaves the dirty clothes on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO the hamper.

Needless to say, I've trained our boys very well. They know where their hamper is, and what to do with their clothes!

DVC2004
10-29-2010, 11:49 AM
My husband is a loud eater. He makes this smacking noise with his mouth when he eats, then after he's he takes air through his teeth ( well I guess the space between his teeth would be more accurate; makes like a sucking noise). It is so annoying! Me and the kids are always telling him. LOL. I will have to ask him what he would say about me.:thedolls:

Mom2Princess'
10-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Last night at dinner DH and both DD's were making slurping sounds with their soup. This I overlooked. But after dinner I asked them why it was that only 1 chair was pushed in? (of course it was mine) They said they were waiting for me to do it while I mumbled. Then they started to laugh. Although I know they were making fun of me, I laughed too.

I won't eat leftovers either, drives DH crazy.

And the toilet paper thing? Very advanced skills are needed to learn it. My family had come to the conclusion that if there is still one square no matter how scraggly it looks it's not quite empty so it doesn't need changing!

Mousefever
10-30-2010, 03:47 PM
My wonderful husband cannot eat cereal quietly. It used to bother me enormously, but now I try to remember all of his good traits when he's loudly enjoying his cereal.

Also, when he puts the dishes away I always have to play hide n seek to find things. It's like, "I wonder where he put the cookie sheet and knives THIS time." But at least he unloads the dishwasher!

Amy

DisneyDog
11-03-2010, 07:13 PM
My DH and I have been married for 16 years. We don't fight much, but it's always about the same thing. He won't do anything unless I ask him to do it. Dishes piled up in the sink? Bed needs to be made? Cat box needs to be cleaned? You see it, it's right in front of you, why can't you take care of it? Because you didn't ask me to. UGH. I have an 8 year old son, a dog and 2 cats and I work full time. I simply cannot and will not dole out jobs for him. It's his house too, and he should just take the initiative. He's not lazy, if I ask him, he'll do it in a second. But, he seems to think that if I don't ask him, I'm planning on doing it myself. Drives. Me. Nuts.

LandFan
11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
I'll add another one (or two) since some of us are taking the high road. :) Not just the husband for this one but also my kids. I seem to be the only one in my house who shuts the kitchen cabinets. Drives me crazy. You get something out. Shut the cabinet. You put something in. Shut the cabinet. Seems so logical to me, and yet-- my cabinets are always wide open, as if it's such a terrible amount of work to close them. They're not heavy doors!

Also, I am the only one in my house who has mastered putting toilet paper on the roller. Yay me! Such an advanced technical skill. Apparently.

DH is severely deficient in BOTH of those areas, lol!! I can TOTALLY relate!:D

LandFan
11-16-2010, 10:29 PM
oh, I got one more! DH will bring his trash in from where ever (paper plates, napkins, etc) and put them on the counter. Now he has to PASS the trash can to do this, lol... He could actually SAVE 3 or 4 steps by actually THROWING THE FREAKIN" TRASH AWAY!!!:D

DisneyDog
11-17-2010, 04:57 PM
My husband will go through the mail and leave a pile of opened envelopes and junk mail on the counter, which is about 2 feet from the trash can. So, then I have to ask him "is this trash?"

Jeri Lynn
11-18-2010, 06:10 AM
My husband is a floss addict. He loves his floss sticks, he has them everywhere, even in his car. When we eat out, the minute we are in the truck out comes the floss stick..he flosses and flosses and then he chews on the end of the stick...drives me crazy...I think it's great that he is so vigilant about his oral hygeine but he is a very noisy flosser...it's pretty comical because the kids (all older teenagers) are used to it and they all join in for a family floss!!

We also have floss sticks in the living room so he can floss while watching tv...

I will admit, I will floss too, but not to his extent. He had a hard time finding the floss sticks he likes so he ordered them online and because he did not want to run out he ordered about 50 packages of floss sticks...needless to say his stash is spread around everywhere!!

diz_girl
11-18-2010, 10:32 AM
DH and I have just celebrated our 15th anniversary. He always asks me, "What are we doing for dinner?" But he only occasionally eats what I cook the night that I cook it. The rest of the time, he'll get takeout or eat leftovers. So, why does he bug me about dinner if he's not going to eat it anyway? :mad:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
11-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I would say that my wonderful wife chews gum really loud (one of my pet peeves). Also, she has a tendency to be able to walk her empty soda cans to the kitchen sink and pour the remainder out, but she she does not have the ability to take the empty can and put it in the garbage can (located exactly 4 feet from the sink to her left). :mad:

But hey, I gag :sick: horribly when I brush my tongue in the morning and that drives her up a wall. Accept those for who they are, I guess. ;)

MNNHFLTX
11-18-2010, 02:53 PM
The most annoying thing, my DBF will only eat one thing at a time on his plate. I love to cook and I plan meals around everything going together and then he eats all the protein, then the vegetable, then the starch.

I used to do this growing up and it bugged my dad too. I never understood why--the flavors just tasted better separately and, after all, it all goes the same place in the end. :)

I feel very fortunate with my husband, he has very few habits that irk me (and I hope the same is true in reverse!) The one recurring thing that drives me a bit batty is that he tends to pull clothes out of his bureau and closet and then just jams back in the items he decides he doesn't want to wear. So all the socks, underwear, shirts, pants, etc. that I had neatly stored are a mess the next time that I'm putting away laundry. I end up having to re-fold or re-hang them just to make sure there is room for everything.

sportsguy2315
11-18-2010, 09:41 PM
DGF is almost perfect, but there is one thing: She hasn't seen enough Disney movies! :secret: Never seen Hunchback, Pocahontas, and Hercules among others. She's also visiting Epcot with me in January for the first time.