PDA

View Full Version : Leave in 13 days still haven't gotten our waitlist!

phlo8810
10-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Is this normal? Never done a waitlist before. I went on Disney's site and there are still rooms available for cash. If we get there and those rooms are available for cash do they make those rooms available to dvc members?

WRWDisney
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Nope, cash rooms are totally separate. There have been many explanations of this, but the short version is that cash rooms are from a separate inventory (generally, either they are rooms that are part of the mandatory inventory that must not be sold to members or they have been converted to cash through the use of member exchanges w. DCL, RCI, etc.).

Also, remember that your waitlist expires either 30 days from your trip or, if you specified it, 7 days out. Call MS and check if you are uncertain.

BTW, if your waitlist is for BCV or BWV, I would not hold my breath with it still being Food & Wine. Still, good luck, I hope it comes through for you:thumbsup:

Joannelet
10-27-2010, 09:32 PM
I was told by DVC that by law they have to have cash rooms available. They do not allow DVC members to take them. Like the previous poster mentioned you will have to call back and make sure you are on the 7 day before wait list. They do automatically take you off the waitlist 30 days before.
The waitlist has never worked for me. My home resort is SSR. I hope it works for you!

DisneyDudet
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Most of my wait lists have come a short time (days to a few weeks) from when I make my 7 month mark ressies. I attribute this to those making their ressies 11 months out to secure accommodations and switch it up to somewhere else soon after 7 months.

Like said before, you have to specify if you want to wait 7 days out. If you didn't do it, then you are off the waitlist.

Even if you aren't staying in your first choice, you're at Disney!! What could beat that!?

Through the looking Glass
11-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Here now, our waitlist never came through. We did get a little upgrade calling about a week before we left to a Treehouse Villa for four days. It is crowded here at the moment. Remember if you change your points might get screwed up. Make sure with member services before you make the change.

mimi78
12-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I am on the waitlist for a stay MLK weekend and getting anxious! I know we have time but I can't help it. We have a 2-bedroom at OKW but are on the waitlist for the BW or BLT. We did specify that we wanted the 7-day waitlist so maybe that will help.

Fingers crossed that one of these comes through!