PDA

View Full Version : Birnbaum's WDW Dining Guide

TheVBs
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I picked this up with the official guide when they both came out last month. I have to say that I'm disappointed in it. It doesn't say a whole lot more about the food and atmosphere than the standard guide, and in some cases (Tusker House and Yak & Yeti) it doesn't even mention one food item offered! :confused: I really expected menus with reviews on the meals and details about the settings. I think I wasted my money. :(

KAT1811
10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
I looked at it once in the bookstore and was amazed at how terrible it was! I wish they posted the current menus at the time of print. Seeing as they are an annual publication it shouldn't be too bad. Hey and maybe it would even create some new jobs! ;) I'd be more than happy to dine in each of the restaurants, even the ones I don't like!

SBETigg
10-26-2010, 12:07 AM
I bought it once years ago and that was my impression of it, too. It was a waste of money, didn't really tell me much. It's too bad they haven't improved on it.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
The Birnbaum guides seem to be just a tad more info than a Disney commercial. I've stopped buying them.

TheVBs
10-26-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm definitely wishing I'd looked through this in the store. I would have passed. I was in a little bit of a rush though. Oh well! Now I know.

I know it might be daunting to list menus with prices, since everything's subject to change. But, since they put that disclaimer in everywhere anyway, I don't see what the big deal would be. And, I could have lived without the menus if they had at least made an effort to list as much of the menu offerings as they could - or in some cases ANY of the menu offerings.

Well, when I'm done with it, I'll just pass it on to someone else so they can use it without making the mistake of buying it. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
It has pretty pictures.:D

TheVBs
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Yes! :D The guide for the parks does anyways. I still like to use that, just because it's in a great format to help me plan our days.

One plus, I suppose, is that there were a few recipes in the back of the dining guide. Might try the cheese soup.

garymacd
10-26-2010, 08:37 PM

Am I still in it?

Look at Disney Quest. I was operating a cannon with a bunch of kids.

If I am, I should pick up a copy.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 10:02 PM
I buy the Birnbaum's guides as keepsakes for my kids every now and again. I figure in years to come when they grow up and take their own kids they can see how much things have changed. :mickey:

SBETigg
10-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I buy the Birnbaum's guides as keepsakes for my kids every now and again. I figure in years to come when they grow up and take their own kids they can see how much things have changed. :mickey:

I can see that with the Official Guide. I enjoy reading my old ones. But the separate Dining Guide is really not worth it. There aren't even pictures in that one, are there? There weren't when I bought it. It was just an extra book that basically repeated the dining information in the Official Guide.

TheDuckRocks
10-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Am I still in it?

Sorry, I don't have the current one. Any more I just buy one when we are taking someone who has never been before.

TheVBs
10-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Am I still in it?

Blue shirt and beard?

TheVBs
10-27-2010, 04:34 PM
I can see that with the Official Guide. I enjoy reading my old ones. But the separate Dining Guide is really not worth it. There aren't even pictures in that one, are there? There weren't when I bought it. It was just an extra book that basically repeated the dining information in the Official Guide.

Nope, no pictures in the dining guide at all. There's an address to write to them, but no email or website.

Ms. Mode
10-28-2010, 02:09 PM
I bought it once years ago and that was my impression of it, too. It was a waste of money, didn't really tell me much. It's too bad they haven't improved on it.

Ditto this, and the thing cost over $12 at the time too. I've found it's just easier to go on the menu section of Intercot and find out what they have. :thumbsup:

brivers222
10-28-2010, 02:34 PM
inter(cot)net rendered these printed publications useless hahaha

#1donaldfan
10-29-2010, 12:23 PM

Now that's funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey:

Ropachs
10-29-2010, 01:26 PM
I used to buy Birnbaum's every year until I discovered the Unofficial Guide was SO much better and had helpful information. I feel that the Birnbaum guides are just like an ad for Disney, pretty worthless. I can't even imagine how useless a Birnbaum dining guide would be. Okay, that sounds pretty harsh. But true. :thedolls:

jpH/keD
10-29-2010, 05:35 PM
I have bought all of the guides off the shelves at one time or another. Logically they SHOULD list the menus since they re-publish every year. BUT...most menus I find are on Intercot and the other sites out there! Way better info online I guess! I DO LOVE Birnbaums for kids! VERY cool pix!