PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with having to move resorts for one night

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-25-2010, 12:17 PM
After getting unceremouniously bumped off a Delta flight (unfortunatley a sign of things to come in the airline industry I think) on our return ticket, I had to scramble. Because Delta was causing us to lose almost an entire day we opted to stay one more day. Unfortunately with Pop Warner coming in, there currently are no rooms available at POR, so Kathy at MJ got us into a discounted room at the GF:party:

Having never done this, will Disney handle the transfer of luggage and bags from one resort to the other? Are they pretty efficient and timely if they do? What's been your experience? Tips on making it go easier?

It's going to be a bit of a pain, as it comes on the last night.

Always wanted to stay at the GF, but not quite like this. But it will be nice to be right there for the gingerbread house and now maybe we can get lucky to get into 1900 Park Fare for one of the character meals.

We will be there 9 continuous nights, but as of now we actually have 3 separate room reservations, as our first night fell outside of the free dining, and then the last night needing a different resort.

Definitely will be glad when we are finally down there and all the planning is done.:bang:

GothMickey
10-25-2010, 12:20 PM
I resort hopped once, and I do not think Disney handles transfer of luggage. I think that is up to you. I will admit I never did ask the front desk if this was possible. I actually assumed it was not a possibility.

faline
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Disney will absolutely move your luggage from one Disney resort to another but it may not arrive until later in the afternoon. When we've changed resorts, we've opted to cab from one location to the next and just brought our luggage with us.

Wrigley
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
We have changed resorts during our stay a couple of times. Disney has transfered our luggage for us. Our luggage was delivered to our room a few hours after we were checked into our new resort. We've never had a problem with this, since we were usually back at a park and didn't need our luggage right away anyways. It has always worked out for us!:mickey:

Ian
10-25-2010, 02:49 PM
It's funny ... we've done this a ton of times and Disney has never once offered to move our bags for us. In fact, I inquired about it the very first time we did it and we were told we'd be responsible for moving our luggage ourselves.

Maybe it's a DVC thing? Because typically we're moving from a DVC resort to a non-DVC resort.

faline
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Maybe it's a DVC thing? Because typically we're moving from a DVC resort to a non-DVC resort.

I don't know if the rules for DVC are different. Perhaps they are?

Disney4us2
10-25-2010, 08:26 PM
I will be doing the same thing (in just 37 days:)), but only in reverse. We have a room only for ASMO on arrival and then move to CBR the following day.

I will be checking out early. Take a taxi over to CBR, leave luggage there with bell services and check in early to get our package room key/tickets/dining.

Have a fun trip:mickey:

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Disney will absolutely move your luggage from one Disney resort to another but it may not arrive until later in the afternoon. When we've changed resorts, we've opted to cab from one location to the next and just brought our luggage with us.

:ditto:

We had four different rooms on our vacation last year. We were there for 18 nights. Each time we moved our luggage, by choice.

We spent our first night in POP (we flew out a night early last minute), then moved to a studio at OKW the next morning (we took a taxi with our luggage), then we moved into a 2BR at OKW after a week (bell services sent a golf cart and we took everything over to our new room and settled in), then for our last two nights we moved over to POR (again we moved our luggage, all 22 bags)!

Personally i wanted to make sure everything was there when I needed it. I have heard of delays with WDW moving the luggage for you. We have 4 children so when we return to our resort I wanted to know what we needed was already there.