PDA

View Full Version : Which restaurant for dinner?

CzepielCrew
10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
I am trying to decide between Le Cellier or Rose & Crown for dinner next November. I have not been to either, so I need your comments!

KAT1811
10-25-2010, 11:04 AM
I was very unimpressed with Le Cellier on my last visit. I didn't care for the service at all. Our meal was okay but our server was rude. We were a larger party and he seemed aggravated. I am not a fan of the menu at Rose and Crown. But if I were I would pick Rose and Crown. I would also try to get a table outside if it were possible.

CzepielCrew
10-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Okay. I will still take your comments on Le Cellier or Rose & Crown, but if anyone has another restaurant at Epcot that they love, I will take those suggestions too. We have already been to Coral Reef, so I want to try something new.

MagicalGuest
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Ditto on Le Cellier. We didn't like the steak on our last trip there. Plus, if you're doing the DDP it will be 2 TS credits next fall.

I've never tried Rose and Crown, so can't comment on that. How about Teppan Edo? Lots of fun, great food and a great show! We also like Les Chefs de France, especially when Remy is there.

JROriole8Fan
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow, can't believe the two comments on LeCellier, too bad they had negative experiences. We've dined at both, and on a scale of 1-10, LeCellier is a 9.5, R&C maybe a 2with a great waiter!

Disnamic Duo
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Count us as another couple not impressed with LeCellier. We went because we heard such great things here on Intercot, but we found it to be a typical steak restaurant. It wasn't bad, but nothing special to us. A couple years later we tried it again (gave it a second chance), and found the same thing - good, not great.

On the other hand, we really like Rose and Crown a LOT. It's become one of my favorite places at WDW. Everything we've tried there has been delicious, and the service can't be beat (in our opinion).

dmallan
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
We loved Le Cellier both times we dined there, once in 2009 and once this past month. Both DH and I had the mushroom filet which was outstanding. Our server was very attentive. The only thing we didn't care for was the fact that the tables are too close together. We felt like we should introduce ourselves to the people next to us - they were that close!

We have not eaten at R&C since 2008, and it was for lunch. A good meal and good service, but I wouldn't compare it to the meal we had at Le Cellier.

jpH/keD
10-25-2010, 04:32 PM
We LOVED LeCellier! We were a large group and picky with changes to the menu! Had great service too! BUT...would I use 2TS credits? Would have to think hard on that one...Good luck! We have not tried Rose & Crown.

LudwigVonDrake
10-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Le Cellier would be my recommendation. Great food :tasty:

Going2HeavenRU
10-25-2010, 07:19 PM
I am another vote for Teppan Edo which had great food and a "no" to Le Cellier. We have a local steak house that has a lot better steak.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I have heard good things about Les Chefs de France. . .

RAIDER
10-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Ive been to both and my vote goes to the Rose and Crown as it has a better atmosphere ...
It has nothing to do that i am from the UK as my favourite places in order are Morrocco and Japan with France in 3rd place :thumbsup: