PDA

View Full Version : Which one for supper?

Dakota Rose
10-24-2010, 10:57 PM
What are the chances that El Pirato or Noodle Station will be open for supper at the end of January?

And if they are likely to be closed, would you then choose Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's?

My plan was to break for supper just before 5pm and then get a spot for MSEP after eating.

KAT1811
10-25-2010, 11:48 AM
The seasonal operating eateries may not be open at the end of January since it is a slower time of the year. No one ever knows. Neither have ever been open on any of my trips. We typically travel between September and November.

If I had to choose between Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace I'd choose Crystal Palace hands down. Plus you'll be right around the corner from Main Street when you emerge from the restaurant. Chef Mickey's menu and madness isn't very fun to me.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Chef Mickey's you would have to leave the park and reenter (if that's your plan).

Does the character experience make a difference? Crystal Palace is Pooh and friends while Chef Mickey's is, well, Mickey and friends.

If you are spending the entire day at the MK I suppose it depends on whether you want to leave and reenter.

LudwigVonDrake
10-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Here's a restaurant that you didn't mention but I'd strongly recommend: The Plaza Restaurant at the end of Main Street. Most people walk on by but it serves good sandwiches. :mickey:

Dakota Rose
10-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Great feedback, thanks!

If we leave MK by 5pm for supper at Chef Mickeys, do you think we can be back on Main Street by 6:30pm? (that is, without swallowing our food whole)

(It's been forever since I've been to WDW during off-season)

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Here's a restaurant that you didn't mention but I'd strongly recommend: The Plaza Restaurant at the end of Main Street. Most people walk on by but it serves good sandwiches. :mickey:

A great restaurant that is largely overlooked! We love it! Quiet and affordable sit down meal that is different from the QS options but doesn't cost much more!

If we leave MK by 5pm for supper at Chef Mickeys, do you think we can be back on Main Street by 6:30pm? (that is, without swallowing our food whole)

To be honest, no. I think by the time you get over to Chef Mickey's, check in, get seated, get food, eat, pay, and get back over to the MK it will be past 6:30pm.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-27-2010, 08:48 AM
If I was going to remain in the parks, I'd choose Crystal Palace. We always have fun there, and the food is comparible to Chef Mickeys anyway.

And just a side note: I've been to the world every concievable time of year except dead of summer and have never ONCE seen the Noodle Station open. Never. Can anyone tell me if it's any good when it IS actually open?

TheRustyScupper
10-27-2010, 04:25 PM
I'd choose Crystal Palace. We always have fun there, and the food is comparible to Chef Mickeys anyway.

1) Actually, better than Chef Mickey's.
2) CM's food has gone significantly downhill.

darthmacho
10-27-2010, 04:32 PM
IMHO the food at both places is great, and the atmosphere wonderful. I'd lean towards CP as being the more convenient, since you'll already be at MK, but we did CM this summer, and got back in plenty of time for the MSEP. It might depend on your character preference? :mickey:

VWL Mom
10-27-2010, 05:31 PM

Will be eating there Saturday night. The Plaza has become a first night tradition for us.

And just a side note: I've been to the world every concievable time of year except dead of summer and have never ONCE seen the Noodle Station open. Never. Can anyone tell me if it's any good when it IS actually open?

We were there the last week of June and it was open. I think it was operating as the Noodle Station for lunch and then some sort of buffet to handle overflow for dinner.

disneymom2000
10-27-2010, 05:52 PM

Wow that would be pushing it. It could possibly work if this scenario happened. You leave the MK at 5:00 and catch the monorail (because it happens to be waiting to leave as you enter it) and you get to the Contemporary at @ 5:15 with a reservation at @ 5:20 and you get seated immediately (which almost never happens). Then you have your dinner and grab the monorail (because again - it is waiting for you to take you back to the park). Seems like it wouldn't be a very relaxing dinner. I would opt for dinner at the Crystal Palace or The Plaza Restaurant so you could really enjoy yourself and then prepare for the festivities afterward.

Suz36
10-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Trying to make Chef Mickey's work would be way too stressful for me. I'd definitely choose to stay in the park.