PDA

View Full Version : All sorts of general questions....

Sunshine1010
10-24-2010, 07:31 PM
1. I've read that there is the possibility of adding a country to the World Showcase, and that it's Australia. Any news, info?

2. I've heard that they will be ending Illuminations-Reflections of Eart. Any news, info?

3. When will they start this 'picture on the castle' promo?

4. Saw a pic of the new Haunted Mansion themed rooms...and that there are other new themed rooms. Any news, info?

akaDisneyDreamer
10-24-2010, 10:28 PM
1. Haven't heard anything, but on our last trip out we were wishing they'd add a Greece or Russian pavillion. The architecture would be so cool, and think of the food choices! Austraillia wouldn't be my pick.

2. I really hope they don't end Illuminations ... we always watch that on our last night. I prefer it over Wishes ...

3. What's this? I'd like to know too!

4. Haven't heard anything, but would be curious to see too!

Not much help am I? Sorry! :blush:

Sunshine1010
10-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Thanks!!!!

Hopefully, someone else will respond and answer both of our questions!!!! lol

KAT1811
10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm of no help at all but am hoping that they do add a country and if they end Illuminations that they replace it with something even more amazing. I agree with the PP that the introduction of another country would be nice but that Australia would not be my pick. I think Greece or Russia sounds great! I wish they would do something similar to what they did at the Millennium Celebration with the pavilion with a bunch of countries in it.

Hopefully someone will come along with some answers soon. :mickey:

DisneyMom12
10-26-2010, 03:39 PM
I hope someone who knows comes along soon.

Aurora
10-26-2010, 07:00 PM
I can help with No. 4. Apparently it's been reported that guests have received a survey asking if they had any interest in staying in moderate level rooms with specific themes, similar to the Pirates rooms at Caribbean Beach. Other themes mentioned were Haunted Mansion and Royal decor. Haven't seen any kind of announcement on whether they're actually going to do this at WDW.

On a similar note, though, the official Disney parks blog has posted photos of themed signature suites at the Disneyland hotel that include Big Thunder, Mickey Mouse Penthouse, and Fairy Tale rooms. These are not moderate rooms, and there is a phone number on the blog to inquire about price and availability.

I think it's OK to link to Disney sites, so here's the info on those:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/a-peek-inside-the-pirates-of-the-caribbean-suite-at-disneyland-hotel/

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/08/new-signature-suite-at-the-disneyland-hotel-big-thunder-suite/

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/signature-suites-at-the-disneyland-hotel-mickey-mouse-penthouse/

Gator
10-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I remember hearing that they would replace Illuminations:ROE back in 2007. Man was I upset about that....and then it never happened. I don't know that it ever will. It's the greatest spectacle I've ever seen. Don't know any way they could improve on it.

SpecJoe Magic
11-01-2010, 12:19 PM
1. There have been rumors for years about additional countries being added to World Showcase. I believe Spain was one that was seriously considered and even advertised as coming soon. I don't know why that didn't come to fruition, but I'm glad it didn't, as I think that Spain is too close to Mexico in terms of theme. I believe there are a lot of other great choices, but space is very limited in World Showcase and nothing official has been announced, so don't expect to see any new countries anytime soon.

2. As far as I know, Reflections of Earth is going to be there for the foreseeable future. Disney used to update Illuminations every so often. There have been several versions of the show over the years, and they've been running Reflections of Earth since 1999, so I wouldn't be shocked if it does get changed in the near future. That said, there is no indication at the moment that a change will occur. It's just speculation on my part.

3. I have no idea, but my guess is that they will start it by the beginning of next year.

4. As cool as the pictures are of the signature suites at Disneyland that are themed to various attractions, I'm not sure if I would want to spend my entire trip surrounded by one attraction. One of the things I like about WDW is variety. I think it's great how I, for example, can be riding a haunted elevator one minute and then be on a roller coaster themed to rock music the next. Being in a room themed to a single attraction seems to go against that. I like how all of the resorts have their own unique themes that aren't directly tied to any of the attractions (with the exception of the some of the rooms at Caribbean Beach). Despite my opposition to it, I wouldn't be surprised to see more rooms with attraction themes in the future, though.

Scar
11-01-2010, 01:28 PM
It's nice to think about which country would be a good addition, but the reality is that the next country added will the the one willing to pay for it.