PDA

View Full Version : Colonoscopy - Please Read

azdisneymom
10-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I am not sure how to start this. I am posting only because everyone here is so quick to help and support others. Hopefully I can help you.

This week I had my first colonoscopy. The doctor found the type of polyp that tends to turn cancerous. I am fine, the polyp is gone, end of story. However had I kept putting it off the outcome would have been very different. I had no symptoms, no complaints and no family history.

If you are 50 or older please go get one. If you have a close family member (mom, dad, sibling) who had a polyp removed you should go by the time you are 40. My kids will need to go by 40. Please go ... take care of yourself.

When the doctor asks why you want one just tell them a friend urged you to go. :blush:

caryrae
10-24-2010, 11:48 AM
I had to have a colonoscopy before I had surgery for Diverticulitis and they found a polyp and removed it. The colonoscopy was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Sunshine1010
10-24-2010, 02:05 PM
The worst thing about a Colonoscopy is the preparation for it and the IV. That's it. There is zero pain before, during and after.

Glad all is okay.

And I too, encourage everyone to have this when they reach a certain age.

MNNHFLTX
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Great advice. Thanks for sharing your experience. :thumbsup: