PDA

View Full Version : AKLV Value Studio - VIEW??

Tinkermom
10-23-2010, 05:50 PM
I am looking to hear from those of you who have stayed in a AKLV Value Studio. What type of view did you have? Does anyone know what views are available?

I am heading out for Children's Pastors Conference in January (held at Coronado Springs! :thumbsup:) and I am going to go 2 days prior to the start of the conference to sneak in some fun. I booked a AKLV Value Studio for 2 nights. I am not too worried about the view but I have read everything from parking lot to pool to savannah. Just curious. Thanks! :mickey:

Georgesgirl1
10-23-2010, 09:49 PM
From the people I talked to at Kidani Village on our recent trip, it seemed that most value studios were parking lot views. I don't know if the same is true for AKLV though.

MCeee
10-24-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure whether these particular studios have any sort of great view... but I can tell you that I've stayed at both AKL & AKL-Kidani. Once without Savanna View... once with. While it was cool to have a view of some animals from the studio (mostly for a few minutes in the morning before leaving for a park), there are so many great viewing areas from other parts of the resort, I really don't think I would miss the Savanna view. Hope this helps!:mickey:

JPL
10-24-2010, 01:04 PM
I have stayed at a Value Studio at Jambo House a few times and had a pool view. The only real difference between that and a standard studio seemed to be space for me. The view was identical in both. And to quite honest I didn't even notice a great difference in terms of space maybe a few feet.

gmgdisneymom
10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
I stayed at AKLV last year and I think most of the studios are SV - it was wonderful

seanyred
10-25-2010, 01:30 PM
We stayed in AKLV. Value rooms are only at Jambo House and the view we had was of the pool. I've heard that there are a small amount of rooms that have Savanah Views but don't know for sure. Also I noticed in the hallway that the DVC rooms (which are marked with a DVC logo) were all pool views and the regular hotel rooms weres wer parking lot.

CardsFan81
10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
We stayed in a value studio about a month ago. We ended up with a pool view. With that being said, it isn't a long walk to get to see some animals. The bathrooms are pretty small and the space in the room is pretty small, other than that, pretty standard. I would definitely do it again.

Tinkermom
10-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks everyone! Sounds like it is a luck of the draw! We definitely plan to head out to the fire and watch the animals. Can't wait!

Gator
11-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Bought some points from a friend for a Value room. It was overlooking a parking lot, which was below us, even at 1st level. On the other side of the parking lot was the pool area, and we could see the entrance to our distant left. It was a good view for the price.

Horizon93
11-07-2010, 02:20 PM
All of the value villas at AKV are in Jambo. They are located on the Giraffe and Ostrich trails at the front of the resort.

The vast majority of the rooms that face the parking lot on the 5th floor at Jambo are not DVC rooms. The split is 40% Savanna, 40% pool, or the roof of Boma, and 20% parking lot.

The value villas are about 3 feet shorter than the standard and savanna views at Jambo. The value villas are located where the "standard" category rooms are for the hotel side of Jambo.

all standard DVC views at Jambo face the pool. DVC units at Jambo are all on the 5th and 6th floor. The 6th floor is the concierge level.

At Kidani, all of the standard view villas face the front of the building. Most of the parking at KIdani is under the building, but about half of the standard views face the road in the front. At the part of the building where the parking lot is the largest, the building has no rooms on the parking lot side.

Some of those standard rooms at Kidani also face the pool area. All of the rooms at Kidani are larger than the Jambo ones and in the 1 and 2 bedroom units there is an extra bathroom located in off the living area.