PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or Caribbean Beach or POR?

asrai555
10-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Hello Intercottees,
It's been a long time (over a year and a half) but its time to plan a Disney trip once again (yeah!!!!!). It helps that I got a free-dining promo ;).

I called today and both POFQ and Caribbean Beach are available. I **love** POFQ but I am wondering what the Intercot folks have to say about CBR.

My kids are swimmers so I am tempted by the CBR pool, but don't know much about the resort other than that.

Also, POR is $169 cheaper than both of them, so I wonder if I should stay there (every penny counts these days!). Doesn't POR have a better pool than CBR?

Last but not least is trying different resorts I think is always a good thing. So far we have stayed in POP, POFQ and AKL, my favorite thus far is POFQ. Any suggestions? I want to book soon so I don't loose the availability on these resorts.

BugeyedMuggy
10-23-2010, 05:05 PM
We stayed at CBR years ago and were not impressed. The bus system (having to stop at about 5 stops b-4 leaving the resort) was terrible.Lots of times the bus was full when it got to our stop. We would stay at POP over moderates but if the funds are there the deluxes get our vote.

asrai555
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
See I didn't really like Pop at all, and that was when it was brand new. I know that $1 for $1 the moderates are the least frugal (getting less bang for your buck).

I liked AKL well enough, just not as much as POFQ. But thanks for the tip on the buses and CBR because that is a huge issue.

If funds weren't an issue, which Deluxe would you stay at?

Melanie
10-23-2010, 09:59 PM
We love CBR! In order, our mod favorites are CSR, CBR, POR and way behind is POFQ. We may have different tastes if POFQ is your favorite. ;)

We enjoy the Nemo themed rooms at CBR, as well as the vibrant food court/shop area (Old Port Royale). The pool is great, especially after the renovation a few years back.

As far as deluxes go, depends on your taste. Are you a MK person or a Epcot person? We love Epcot, and this is definitely our favorite resort area. Beach Club is my personal favorite, but we're dying to stay at Boardwalk as well. Of course, I would love a stay at the Poly or Contemporary as well, and we loved our stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

fatboy
10-24-2010, 12:17 PM
CBR get my vote..I would however pay for the preferred location.

BugeyedMuggy
10-24-2010, 12:19 PM
If money were not an issue it would really depend what park you like. We are older and not fans of MK so we try not to stay in that area. Due to costs we stay at Dolphin with a discount so we can walk th Studios & Epcot. If we could get a discount the Beach Club would get our vote. We are staying at Yacht Club in Dec.
Have stayed at Poly and really like that resort if you want to be near MK. Aslo AKL is a fav. when we want to go to Animal Kingdom Park. We go as many times a year as we can and plan our parks around the resort we ar going to.

garymacd
10-24-2010, 09:49 PM
If you haven't stayed at POR and it's cheaper than the other two, take it!

We just got back from POR and loved it. Not as much as we love POFQ, but a heck of a lot more than CBR.

CBR is nice but HUGE! It never failed but we were always just about the last bus stop, and the walk to Port Royale for food seemed like a marathon.

POR is bigger than POFQ, but not as big or as spread out as CBR. (in my opinion)

We love all three main pools, but I really like the serpent at POFQ.

DisneyPrincess21
10-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I called today and both POFQ and Caribbean Beach are available. I **love** POFQ but I am wondering what the Intercot folks have to say about CBR.

My kids are swimmers so I am tempted by the CBR pool, but don't know much about the resort other than that.

Also, POR is $169 cheaper than both of them, so I wonder if I should stay there (every penny counts these days!). Doesn't POR have a better pool than CBR?

Last but not least is trying different resorts I think is always a good thing. So far we have stayed in POP, POFQ and AKL, my favorite thus far is POFQ. Any suggestions? I want to book soon so I don't loose the availability on these resorts.

I personally absolutely love CBR, I stayed there for the first time back in December 2009 and as soon as I stepped foot on the property I was "Home" :cloud9:. The resort is completely decorated and themed to make you feel you have stepped onto a Caribbean island. There is steel drum music playing, lush foliage and palm trees, and vibrant Caribbean colors.

The main pool is amazing! It is probably one of the best themed pools I have ever seen. CBR is divided up into 6 "villages" Trinidad south, Trinidad north, Martinique, etc. In addition to the main pool, each village has it's own quiet pool. These pools are usually empty and it is a nice place to relax. Each village also has it's own laundry room located next to the quiet pool, so you can do laundry, lounge by the pool and let the kids enjoy swimming.

CBR also has a really neat food court and gift shop. The food court looks like you are walking the streets of a Caribbean town.

I personally would suggest paying the extra to stay at CBR, I definitely think it is worth it. Also, I would suggest getting a pirate room, while it does cost more than the regular nemo themed room at CBR, I loved the theme. I figured what better way to remember I was staying at CBR then to stay in the Pirates of the Caribbean room. :pirate:

I also enjoy POFQ, that would be my second choice for resort. The appeal of this resort for me is it's small size, and boat ride to DTD.

I am not sure how many days you will be staying, but may I suggest a split stay and stay at both POFQ and CBR. That is what me and my family are doing for our upcoming stay in December. I love CBR and my mother loves POFQ, so we are staying half the time at POFQ, and the last half at CBR. Best of both worlds :cloud9:

:tink:
I Hope You Have A Magical Vacation! :wave:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Have stayed a number of times at POR, and have decided to not go back there. It is just so darn big, and unless you are in one of the buildings close to the main hall, it's just exhausting.

We're doing POFQ this time, much smaller, but a smaller pool, so if that is a factor, POR does have a better pool.

LudwigVonDrake
10-27-2010, 06:23 AM
POFQ gets my vote. The resort is smaller and more compact than most, the bus system is (for the most part) efficient and you gotta love the beignets :tasty:

darthmacho
10-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Personally, I think POR is the best of the three options. I like the theming, the large grounds, and the restaurant. POFQ is a smaller quieter option with access to POR. :mickey:

Kaps
10-28-2010, 05:26 PM
Pool is nice grounds are great. Food court has a lot to choose from and the restaurant is not bad. I also like the piano man (BOB)

Gator
11-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Don't know if you've decided yet, but I'd go with CBR. I like trying out new resorts, and I'd bet you'd like it too. CBR is close to the parks and has better bus service thatn POR, even if you're on the last stop. Plus, the theming is so alive. You'll like it, I promise.