PDA

View Full Version : People in the background of your pictures

Plex
10-22-2010, 08:19 PM
We were just browsing through pictures from out last trip to WDW and we made an interesting observation. Everyone in the background of our pictures looks miserable! I never really noticed it in the parks, but from looking at pictures so many people look so unhappy! What gives!? Has anyone else noticed this? :(

DizneyRox
10-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Could be all the prices that keep going up, or their dissappointment in the menu selections, or the generic merchandise in the stores. Maybe even the lack of maintenance in recent years, or the way Mickey has his hand in your pocket the whole trip.

Or could just be they just couldn't get a reservation at LeCellier.

magicofdisney
10-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Or could just be they just couldn't get a reservation at LeCellier.

Or they just left there...

BrerGnat
10-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Duh...it's because they didn't get towel animals in their room and now their whole vacation is RUINED!!!

exvagirl
10-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Duh...it's because they didn't get towel animals in their room and now their whole vacation is RUINED!!!

haha dont joke! i loooooove those little animals!!! hahaha. but its true...people in the background sure know how to kill a picture!

bouncer
10-23-2010, 06:58 AM
I actually had the opposite happen. DS was taking our picture just outside the GCH at Poly and someone stepped in behind us to make a silly face. :D We were quite suprised when we looked back through our pictures of the trip.

But back to your OP I think most of the "sad faces" is just pure exhaustion of park commandos.

retiredfigment
10-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Just got back and did notice some stunned looks. Thank heavens for Walmart Photo where I can crop out all the 'little extras' I don't want. Also - I thought the park was beautiful as usual, MNSSHP was awesome, transportion good, food yummy, great merchandise selection. To everyone who keeps complaining about the prices, I am not sure what they want. DW is magic, but if it doesn't make a profit, would it stay open? Then where would we be:( With tickets and snacks for two, the cost can be close to $40 for a movie and that entertainment for a couple of hours. The total for a Disney getaway may be pricey, but when I think of all we do it is great.

kakn7294
10-23-2010, 08:56 AM
I actually had the opposite happen. DS was taking our picture just outside the GCH at Poly and someone stepped in behind us to make a silly face. :D We were quite suprised when we looked back through our pictures of the trip.
I've done that! Not the silly face, but to deliberately be in someone else's picture while smiling and waving. One trip it was my BIL's goal to get in as many "family" photos as possible - other people's families!

Granny Jill A
11-01-2010, 04:07 PM
It's the realization that they have bitten off more than they could do.

Exhaustion and the push to get their moneysworth out of the trip has a debilitating effect on most guests.

Vacationing at WDW is HARD WORK!;)

Mogie
11-02-2010, 09:47 AM
They've never heard of Photo-Bombing or how much fun it can be!

Renfairwedding
11-02-2010, 10:05 AM
In a conversation with a CM on how grumpy some the guest seemed to be he pointed out its Disney land that is the most Happy place on earth. Disney World is just Magical.

Mom to kid... "I brought you here you gona have a good time if it kills you!"

LibertyTreeGal
11-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Naps, they all need naps!

brownie
11-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Maybe they just don't like having their picture taken!

kdsjjb
11-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I've seen that face on people when someone has the entire walking path blocked, expecting others to wait, while they snap a picture with the "perfect" backdrop. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
11-08-2010, 07:11 PM
We always joke that people need a good whomping with a happy stick. I think the combination of lack of sleep, over stimulation and the desire to "see it all" makes people a little crazy!

Belster
11-10-2010, 11:01 AM

But back to your OP I think most of the "sad faces" is just pure exhaustion of park commandos.

I have to agee about park commandos....we are soooo tired on our trips but not in bad moods at all. I could see how I may look upset in teh pics but that is sooo not true.

BellesRose
11-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I have a lot of those. A lot of people look intoxicated in my pictures. I'm not sure why, other than pure exhaustion.

The scariest thought? Imagine how YOU look in other people's photos and videos!!!

micky95
11-18-2010, 07:40 AM
for me personaly,i can only smile so much before my face starts hurting me . 8 days till disney !!!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I haven't really noticed that....they usually look happy to me

forever a child
12-23-2010, 07:27 PM
I haven't noticed that...but I have noticed some strange positions and some big butts and bellies!

EpcotFan182
12-24-2010, 11:22 AM
I've actually had the opposite happen, I had people in the background intentionally smile for pictures!:mickey: