PDA

View Full Version : Q re: free dining and how to tip...

Dsnygirl
10-22-2010, 10:56 AM
First, let me clarify -- this isn't a question about whether or not to tip -- we always do -- just how to handle it w/ the free dining promotion. :)

So, my DH and I were talking about our ADR's, etc., for our trip next year, and it occurred to me that I'm not sure how to handle tipping. When we did the DDP a few years ago, they took our KTTK card and ran it for the credits, and we added a tip onto that, either w/ our Disney Gift Card or our bank card.

How do they handle it w/ free dining? Do you get a "free dining card" when you check in? I'm assuming they still have to run something, just to keep track of meals/food, that sort-of thing, for inventory, tracking, etc...

I'm just hoping we don't have to carry cash... it'd be a lot easier to just give them a pre-paid GC or something like that.

:thanks:

mickeyman42
10-22-2010, 11:01 AM
free dining is handled in the same manner that non-free dining is, its all put on you KTTW card as credits. Only difference is that you didn't pay for it to be there!

brivers222
10-22-2010, 11:16 AM
So wait I am new to the DDP not including tax into the price (i am circa 2006)

this is more for next december as we just paid oop for everything this past trip.

How do you tip? Do you have to give them your KTTW card AND a seperate card (if you aren't leaving cash) how do you do you it?

TysMomTink
10-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Yes all your credits will be on your KTTW card. When you pay you present that card and you can choose to pay the tip in cash or add to your room charge if you've set that up at checkin. That's what we chose to do.

Someone else can help about procedures for using another cc to pay for tip. (If there is nothing OOP to pay I'm not sure if they can just "run" a separate cc for a tip.) I'm curious to know this too.

BTW does anyone else feel like Disney (who is looking for cost cutting like everyone else) can SAVE a lot by cutting back on all the receipts. Geez. for each DDP transcation in Sept. I got like five receipts. LOL.

brivers222
10-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Yes all your credits will be on your KTTW card. When you pay you present that card and you can choose to pay the tip in cash or add to your room charge if you've set that up at checkin. That's what we chose to do.

BTW does anyone else feel like Disney (who is looking for cost cutting like everyone else) can SAVE a lot by cutting back on all the receipts. Geez. for each DDP transcation in Sept. I got like five receipts. LOL.
oh okay yeah we usually do hook up a charge card to the KTTW card... that will work for us

No kidding right? we had 14 meals (not including snacks) each meal included 4 receipts for me to keep and 1 to sign for the waiter... we were oop so it was half expected but for you being on the ddp... yikes, thats kinda sad.

Then again they have a lot of swamp land, maybe they are planning on tearing down some more trees... allowing them to use alot more paper!

more paper wasted = more trees being cut down = more disney attractions!

Dsnygirl
10-22-2010, 12:22 PM
free dining is handled in the same manner that non-free dining is, its all put on you KTTW card as credits. Only difference is that you didn't pay for it to be there!

:thumbsup: Awesome... we'll just charge it back to our room, or use our Disney GC then. Plus, we often order a drink w/ our dinner meal, or an appetizer, so we may have something to pay beyond the tip, anyway.

Thank you! :thanks:

KAT1811
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM

:ditto:

I do miss the tip being included. We haven't used the dining plan since they took the tip and appetizer out. (Last year DH's uncle and cousin used the DDP and they just added it on their slip and charged it to the room)