PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown Beer Garden.. ADR?

annetter
10-22-2010, 10:03 AM
I was having trouble getting a decent ADR for Illuminations viewing at the Rose and Crown for next week (5:30 was the best I could do) using the online system.

Our friend called and was able to get a 7:45 in the R&C Beer Garden. I am confused. Isn't the Beer Garden the little area with wrought iron tables which is first-come-first-serve? Since when is this part of the R&C reserved seating area?

Can anyone enlighten me as to what to expect?

Thanks and see you at the World!

SBETigg
10-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with that, either. We always used to grab a table there early, buy some ale, bring in some CS food, and just wait for Illuminations. Last trip (August), we were simply standing in the area looking for a table and asked to leave because we didn't have reservations. It was a bit of a shock. I thought maybe there was a private event or something was going on, but with what you've reported, it sounds like the area has gone to "by reservation only." I don't know when or why it happened, though.It sounded to me as if they now reserve it for people who have dined at R & C, which is a good thing for people with ADRs there. Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

ToraTory
11-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm really wondering about this as well. Sitting in the garden is one of my favs!

SleepinB
11-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Uh oh. :(

That is our favorite place to sit and find a spot for Illuminations. Especially when they used to sell the refillable souvenir yards at the beer cart. :cheers:

Let's hope someone comes along to bring clarity. Maybe its just during the busy months. *fingers crossed* smiley

Insanity Clause
11-08-2010, 03:17 PM
I believe they are both. I know they are on the dining plan as a table service. It is probably that if they have the space they will fit you in. That is one of the best places to sit and watch Illuminations!

MagicalGuest
11-09-2010, 08:51 AM
If that's true about Rose and Crown, try grabbing a spot for Illuminations at the top of the steps of Canada. Not as nice as sitting at a table, but still a great view. And always a fun, friendly crowd!