PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Royal Table fixed price?

CAS
10-21-2010, 09:18 PM
It looks as though we haven't dined here since the 2006 change. Almost $60 per person? I'm sad to say we will never be dining here again. I don't care how much money we have...I refuse to pay hundreds of dollars for a mediocre dinner.

And I was really hoping to bring my daughter here in her Sleeping Beauty costume. :(

kakn7294
10-21-2010, 11:48 PM
We did breakfast in August and really enjoyed it even if it did cost a small fortune. We had a great time with our girls! They won't be young forever - already my oldest is 15 - so the memories we made are worth the price to us.

CAS
10-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I think you are right, however since we have dined there countless times in the past I don't think I could bare going again knowing that the last time I ate there I paid $18.

If you haven't done it before then it's probably worth it. Otherwise it's a non-issue for us going forward.

brivers222
10-22-2010, 10:15 AM
We just went on Oct 16th for the dinner to celebrate our 1year engagement. First time for either of us going there and even though the food wasn't the best, I loved the characters. Much to the dismay of my Fiancee i say as I love snow white...

But we will continue to make a special trip there every trip... memories were made and that was worth the price for us... however it was just the two adults and no children so its a little better than an entire family.

For a cheaper princess meal, Akershus has the same people... and actually i just read on waltdisneyworld.com
Reservations from Jan 11 - June 30, 2011: Due to a refurbishment of portions of the back side of Cinderella Castle taking place, elements of the restaurant will be refurbished and there will be themed window coverings that will not detract from your experience, but will block the view into Fantasyland.

so really whats the point of going to CRT when the view is what is cool!

TheRustyScupper
10-22-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree. I am willing to pay extra for atmosphere but at some point it becomes gouging.

I think we have long reached that point !

CAS
10-23-2010, 12:06 AM
Agreed. $60/person is more than half of what I paid for 5-star Victoria and Alberts! And compared to V&A's, Cinderella's Royal Table is McDonalds.

I also prefer atmosphere over food; it's just that we've done Cinderella's so many times (who wouldn't have, it used to be cheap) that it's no more special to us now than a counter service joint...especially at 5X the price.

Now San Angel Inn...that's a different story. :cloud9:

kakn7294
10-23-2010, 10:00 AM
We've done it several times as well but still feel that it's worth the pain of the price every few years. However, there are other places that we don't like that others love - to each his own, right?