PDA

View Full Version : Swan & Dolphin

tnpoohbear
10-21-2010, 03:02 PM
DD and I are planning a trip the first week in March and are thinking about the Swan or Dolphin. Any opinions on these resorts? Also do you know if an Annual Pass Discount would be applicable to these resorts?

Thanks for your input!:mickey:

Scar
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM
To the best of my knowledge, A/P discount is not available.

I have stayed at The Dolphin several times and loved it each time. Do a search in this forum and you'll find a bunch of threads on them.

SBETigg
10-21-2010, 03:26 PM
You might find some deals for the Swan/Dolphin through other sources. I stayed at the Dolphin for a week in July and I was suitably impressed. Large rooms, comfortable beds, great amenities- pool, beach, restaurants, shops. Location! Great location and transportation options. I had a great deal (conference rate) and it was like staying deluxe at a moderate price. I didn't find them at all lacking in Disney magic. It's worth looking into.

Figment!
10-21-2010, 05:07 PM
If you follow the link in the upper right hand corner of this page, you will be directed to the discounts and packages page of the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin.

You can also keep your eyes peeled on the front page of INTERCOT for special deals as they are announced.

floridamom
10-21-2010, 05:38 PM
We just stayed there 2 weeks ago for DD6's birthday weekend. It's a great location for the price. Although they don't offer AP rates, there are usually other special offers and discounts available- AAA, as well as special Intercot and Florida Resident offers.

We would stay again for the location and value (it was easily $100/night cheaper than other Epcot resorts at this time of year), BUT I have to say that it is a more "grown up" atmosphere, with lots of non-vacationers around (conferences, etc.) The Disney-owned deluxe resorts are a little more themed, whimsical and relaxed. We were too busy enjoying the convenience of being so close to 2 parks for this to bother us, but I think our kids ( ages 6 and 8) have enjoyed some of the other resorts more--for the theming, etc. Also, the pool was NOT heated during our stay.

Again, we had a great time and no complaints; it just depends on what you're looking for.

tnpoohbear
10-22-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks so much - I am a member of AAA so they do offer a discount for that. It will be all adults so the theming is no problem. The pics from both look great and since money is an issue it is the best price. :mickey:

jnfr2424
10-22-2010, 03:27 PM
DD and I are planning a trip the first week in March and are thinking about the Swan or Dolphin. Any opinions on these resorts? Also do you know if an Annual Pass Discount would be applicable to these resorts?

Thanks for your input!:mickey:

Yes there is a AP discount (just used it in April) but you have to call the S & D reservation line to take advantage of it. It's 50% off the rack rate

One of fave Epcot resort is the Dolphin I love to walk to Epcot and also to the Boardwalk - we usually do a split stay between there and BLT. As everyone else suggested make sure you check their website because they often have great room deals for example we just used the Food and Wine Festival deal that was $169 a night and they also offer discounts to government employees, AAA, and teachers.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I've stayed at these resorts many times and love them. The locaiton can't be beat, the beds are the most comfortable anywhere. You get to use the Disney transportation, you can ship things back to the gift shop from the parks, you just can't use your room key to charge it in the parks. You can take advantage of the EMHs too. You'll enjoy your stay at these resorts.