PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Quality Inn Review

egospotter
10-21-2010, 02:38 PM
I remember someone had been interested in this hotel on my previous thread about it so I wanted to do a little review.

The hotel/motel is small but clean and the people are friendly enough. It is less than a 10 minute walk to Disneyland, not bad at all. The best route to go is to go down to the end of Manchester and cross over Harbor Blvd. there, that way you can enter through the closer entrance - it's a bit shorter walk.

The breakfast was pretty good, there were waffle stations but we didn't have any. They had toast and english muffins, hard boiled eggs, assorted pastries and donuts, three different kinds of cereal, coffee, juice and milk. It wasn't too busy if you went about an hour before Disneyland opened which we usually were, but there were a lot of people there after 8am the one time we were there a little later.

Our room was clean and we couldn't really hear the freeway noise but that may have mostly been do to the very loud, kinda clunky air conditioner in the room - kept the room cool though. There was a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. The water pressure in the shower was pretty good. The beds weren't too hard as compared with some other hotels I have stayed at, but I wouldn't call them very comfortable. There was an extra pillow in the bottom drawer of the dresser I wish I had known about before the very end of our trip - now you do!

There was a $5.75 per night resort charge we had to pay when we go there - I knew about it before so it wasn't a big deal, but might be to someone who doesn't know about it!

We mostly needed a place to sleep and shower that was close enough to walk to Disneyland and we got that here with breakfast as an added money saving bonus. I would stay here again and recommend to anyone who is looking for what I described above for a reasonable price. We stayed 4 nights and paid $294 including the resort fee and all taxes and fees, so not too bad for the area.

NotaGeek
10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the report! This kind of stuff is great, and helps other members when considering an off-property option to save money! :spend:

Mrs Grumpy
10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the report. We are looking at maybe going out there but if we did we wanted to do it as cheap as possible. I have been looking at this place and going back and forth. Our main concern is finding some place that is clean. We will only be in the room to sleep. The price looks great.

egospotter
11-02-2010, 12:14 PM
I went back and forth about it too, but I am glad that we picked it. It was all we needed and the money we saved went to better use in the parks themselves!

Sylvia
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
I just spent a week at this hotel and I will probably stay at the same place on my next trip. Everything that was reported in the original post is still true. My room was clean, the air conditioner worked perfectly, and the property is well-maintained. Walking from the hotel to Disneyland took approximately 10-15 minutes.

After dark, the street lighting on Manchester is very good. Also, since the DL CM buses use this road to the CM parking lot, it's never deserted.

If you'd rather ride than walk but don't want to drive, you can take advantage of the Anaheim Resort Transit for a nominal fare. I always purchased day passes for $4.00 per person. The day pass gives you unlimited use of the entire system for a day. If I remember correctly, a one-way fare is $3.00. The route serving this area is Route 7 and there's a stop right across the street at the Howard Johnson's (at the benches).