PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to MVMCP Week 1?

Goes4FastPass
10-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Our upcoming stay at WDW puts there the first week of MVMCP. Heavens! It feels like my local BuyNLarge where the Christmas decorations are on the shelves right beside the Halloween decorations!

Still, we may go.

Anyone else thinking of going to :mickey:Mickey’s Very Merry :santa2:Christmas even though it’s :flag:Veteran’s Day and :pumpkin:Halloween was less than two weeks ago and it’s still two weeks until :turkey:Thanksgiving Party?

dismommy
10-20-2010, 05:08 PM
We are going that Thursaday, we did it 2 yrs ago as well. It was a little weird, but not as weird as 2005 when we went to the halloween party on halloween and got up the next morning and all the halloween decoration were gone and the christmas garlands were strung across main street. Also we got the best picture of DS with santa that I used for my chrstmas card, have never gotten a better one.:santa:

Pirate Granny
10-20-2010, 07:10 PM
A couple of years back, we attended the first MVMCP..to my disappointment. The big Christmas tree wasn't up yet...what's a party without that TREE...still had a good time, and will go this year.
:pirate:

smokester653
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
So what you're saying is Nov 1st we will be seeing christmas garland strung across Main Street? :blush:

GBBT
10-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Their last Halloween party is Nov.1st...I wouldn't expect CHRISTmas decor>

DisneyPrincess21
10-20-2010, 11:06 PM
A couple of years back, we attended the first MVMCP..to my disappointment. The big Christmas tree wasn't up yet...what's a party without that TREE...still had a good time, and will go this year.
:pirate:

They don't put up the tree until after the ABC Christmas parade taping. Which is usually taped the first weekend of December.

TheDuckRocks
10-20-2010, 11:08 PM
We are going to the first MVMCP on Monday, Nov. 8. I hope we did not make a mistake going to the frist one and missing out on things.

PopPhan
10-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Their last Halloween party is Nov.1st...I wouldn't expect CHRISTmas decor>

There were already Christmas trees up in the Magic Kingdom (to the right of the castle, near the rose garden) when we were there Sept. 20 - 30!!

brivers222
10-22-2010, 02:07 PM
the castle is already draped with the lights... and MGM...ugh.. HS... already has their Osborn lights set up. as of 10/9/10

hubbyofadisneyholic
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
They don't put up the tree until after the ABC Christmas parade taping. Which is usually taped the first weekend of December.

That is disappointing to hear. we are going the weekend before Thanksgiving for my daughter's 21st birthday and were really looking forward to the decorations (doing MVMCP on the 19th).
It won't be the same without the tree. :(

tundramom
10-23-2010, 01:12 PM
We are going to the first MVMCP on Monday, Nov. 8. I hope we did not make a mistake going to the frist one and missing out on things.

We'll be there too!