PDA

View Full Version : Weird passholder letter

sisterdisco
10-19-2010, 08:26 PM
In my mail today, there was a letter from Disney "we're so thrilled you're part of the Passholder family". . . the letter congratulated me and had a small piece of artwork in it and told me to register online at disneyworld.com/passholder

Problem is....I didn't buy an annual pass. . .

Has this happened to anyone else?:

BrerGnat
10-19-2010, 08:36 PM
No, the opposite happened to us. I got an email AND a letter in the mail saying "We miss you T--- Family! Come back to being an Annual Passholder at the Disneyland resort!" It was followed by a highlight of all the benefits of being a passholder.

Problem is, we've been CONTINUOUS AP holders since 2001...we've renewed EVERY year. Our address hasn't changed, or anything.

I found it funny...

jensantuit
10-19-2010, 08:39 PM
We're annual passholders and we didn't receive anything in the mail, weird..... :mickey:

KylesMom
10-19-2010, 11:45 PM
We received the same thing - but we just bought new A/Ps in July & we've been Passholders since 2002 . . . :mickey:

vizsla
10-20-2010, 05:05 AM
We have not received anything either and have been AP Passholders since 2004.

VWL Mom
10-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Is it possible someone is surprising you with this as a Christmas/Holiday present? :secret:

I'd give them a call to see what's up.

sisterdisco
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
I checked w/ my mom and she didn't buy it....an annual pass wouldn't work w/ our plans for this year.

I hope that there wasn't some sort of mix up w/ a credit card.....

I wondered if this was a deceptive marketing ploy.....Disney doesn't do deceptive marketing that other companies do.

faline
10-20-2010, 08:42 AM
I got one of these a few months ago and got another one this week. We did buy annual passes but that was last spring.