PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations/Via Napoli problem

rubato
10-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I am in a bind. The only time I could get the ressie I wanted for Via Napoli was for 7:45. We will be exiting right around the time Illuminations starts. Can you get through? I'm worried we are going to be stuck. If we are stuck, we'll be too late to get a good view of the fireworks. Can the fireworks be seen from this restaurant? Is there a chance this could work?

faline
10-19-2010, 02:50 PM
This restaurant is located in the rear of the Italian pavilion and would not have a view of Illuminations. Even if you rush through your meal, it would be difficult to find a prime viewing spot by time you finish.

SBETigg
10-19-2010, 03:52 PM
We watched Illuminations from the Italy Pavilion (out in front, not back toward Via Napoli) before our Via Napoli meal and we had no problems seeing, though we decided to stop and watch right before Illuminations started. You won't have the best view. There will be some obstructions, but nothing that prohibits you from seeing most of the show and enjoying the presentation. If it's your only time to see Illuminations, maybe not. But if you've seen it before and plan to see it again, not much of a problem as far as finding a good enough (but not great) viewing spot should you finish eating on time.

The problem: getting out in time to see the show. I anticipate your dinner taking a bit longer than expected. It takes some time to be seated, and then the meals take some time. The pizza, if you get pizza, is all cooked fresh to order. If you check in at the recommended twenty minutes prior to ADR time and don't linger over the menu, there's a good chance this could all work out. But there's also a chance that it won't.

rubato
10-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank you both for your replies. After thinking about it, I decided to make our ressie later, at 8:30. By the time we are done, everyone should be gone and we can go enjoy our EEMH in FW. We'll have another chance to see Illuminations, so it's no big deal. :mickey:

KAT1811
10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Sounds like you have a perfect solution. I love walking out of WS when it's empty. It's extra magical when it's empty and all the torches are lit. Have a great time!