PDA

View Full Version : First Time

Insanity Clause
10-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi, we will be in Orlando Dec 6-12 and two of those days we will be devoting to Universal and since we have typically been an only Disney type of family in the past I thought I would see if anyone had any advice on what to do and what could be missed. Any advice will be welcomed.

Charley

disneyfamily05
10-22-2010, 04:26 PM
A lot will probably depend on what your family likes to do and their ages. For example, I am not a major roller coaster kind of person (I can do Thunder Mt. Railroad, Splash mt., Tower of Terror, etc.). At Universal Studios I (and my kids ages 9 & 7) have really enjoyed the Simpons ride, Men in Black, Jaws, and some of the 4-d movies. In IOA, I've enjoyed Harry Potter & Forbidden Journey, Spider-man, and even Jurassic Park. IOA is def. a more thrill ride park, to me if they had placed Wizarding World of harry Potter in US instead of IOA it would have been perfect simply b/c I could just stay in that one park.

One thing I noticed, is they certainly seem to have a lot of places to eat in IOA (counter service types). I didn't feel like there were a lot of rides I was interested in.

If you are going with teenagers or folks who enjoy major thrill/roller coasters they will probably like IOA more.