PDA

View Full Version : What is the People Mover

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
What is the People Mover? I've been to Disneyworld three times and never seen it before?

WDWCrazyKaren
10-19-2010, 10:40 AM
The current TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) used to be called the WEDWay People Mover. Some of us old folks still call it the People Mover. We're just old.

Stu29573
10-19-2010, 10:40 AM
The People Mover is the Tomorrowland Transit Authority in Tomorrowland. It is the elevated train-like ride that goes all around Tomorrowland and in and out of several attractions...

Ian
10-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Actually just to be clear, it's once again called the Peoplemover. I think the official name is the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover, but the sign now just says "PEOPLEMOVER."

Gator
10-19-2010, 11:59 AM
That's kinda funny. I've always called it the PeopleMover. That's what they called it at Disneyland when I went as a kid. Whenever I call the TTA the PeopleMover, everyone always says "What's that?" I'm glad they're changing the name back. Makes it easier on me. Now I'll probably start callig it the TTA.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I can't believe I've never riden it and don't even remember seeing it:confused:

cer
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Well, I can't believe it either, but don't be too hard on yourself. The queue is not out there cluttering things up. You have to take a moving walkway up to where you board the ride. It is low on the thrill level, and I have never seen it busy (always a walk-on for us) so there are not hordes of people to draw attention to the entrance. Such a simple easy, peaceful ride. I have heard of mom's with little ones riding around and around while their baby naps. Classic Disney. You will love it! - Well, I love it!

bostonsam
10-19-2010, 02:28 PM
that's ok...I still refer to HS as MGM

dixielandings
10-19-2010, 03:50 PM
One of my absolute faves! I'm SO glad the name is making a comeback. Any word on whether they're going to ditch this new voice-over and revert to the old? I haven't heard it yet but from what I've read, it's awful...

PS - I still have high hopes that the Peoplemover will make a glorious return to DL soon!

Melanie
10-19-2010, 04:23 PM
but the sign now just says "PEOPLEMOVER."

Some of the signage does say "Tomorrowland Transit Authority PEOPLEMOVER". :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-19-2010, 04:33 PM
We've never wanted to ride Astro Orbitor I guess that's why I never noticed:blush: Well, I guess that's something to put on my I've never done but will try next time list:mickey:

JerseyDad
10-19-2010, 05:04 PM
.....a trip to MK isn't complete for me...unless I'm able to ride the PeopleMover

......3 or 4 times!! It's really relaxing....you can actually talk to the people that are riding with you (if you're not alone of course)...and it gives a great view of the Tomorrowland area.

.....and I always hold out hope to see the mysterious Mr. Tom Morrow that they keep paging!! ;)

plutosnana
10-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Wow! That's shocking! u NEVER RODE IT B4!

:goofy:

brivers222
10-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Went on it 4 times last week... would have been more but it was done during Oct 14ths MNSSHP :(

Disney4us2
10-19-2010, 05:56 PM
The Peoplemover is an attraction that Disneyland no longer has:(

Daisy'sMom
10-19-2010, 06:00 PM
that's ok...I still refer to HS as MGM

I think I will always call it MGM, just like I've always called TTA Wedway PeopleMover.:mickey:

Katzateer
10-19-2010, 10:31 PM
The current TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) used to be called the WEDWay People Mover. Some of us old folks still call it the People Mover. We're just old.
:funny: That answer made me smile! I am one of the old folks and love the People Mover.

And MGM will always be the name of the park for me - great memories.

Ian
10-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I have to say (in a very non-judgemental way, of course ;) ) that I can't believe there are folks who've never ridden the Peoplemover!!

It's seriously probably my family's favorite attraction in MK. We ride it literally dozens of times per trip, sometimes going around two or three times on a single ride!

Don't get me wrong ... I don't mean we love it in the way we love Haunted Mansion or Pirates ... we love it because it's an awesome way to rest your tired feet for awhile!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2010, 10:45 AM
I have to say (in a very non-judgemental way, of course ;) ) that I can't believe there are folks who've never ridden the Peoplemover!!

It's seriously probably my family's favorite attraction in MK. We ride it literally dozens of times per trip, sometimes going around two or three times on a single ride!

Don't get me wrong ... I don't mean we love it in the way we love Haunted Mansion or Pirates ... we love it because it's an awesome way to rest your tired feet for awhile!!

Well, I didn't intentionally not ride, I really never knew it existed.....which is really surprising I am so thorough in planning and research. The only reason I discovered it is that people are talking about it on Intercot lately....I promise I will ride next visit:yes:

Ian
10-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Well, I didn't intentionally not ride, I really never knew it existed.....which is really surprising I am so thorough in planning and research. The only reason I discovered it is that people are talking about it on Intercot lately....I promise I will ride next visit:yes:LOL well now I feel like we've built it up for you and you're going to be disappointed. ;)

It's just a really nice, scenic little ride. Think of it kind of like the WDW RR, only specific to Tomorrowland.

LarryBoy
10-20-2010, 10:50 AM
We love TTA! Yes I called it the TTA. I had just gotten used to calling it the TTA. Oh well I don't care what they call it, as long as it stays forever. It's one of my son's favorites (and mine too), always has been.

buzznwoodysmom
10-20-2010, 11:13 AM
This is a family favorite. Even my 8 year old son, whose favorite rides include ToT, RNRC, Space Mt., and Everest, considers this one of his favorite attractions in WDW. Its just a ride we've always rode, since our kids were babies, and I guess its one of those non thrill rides that's so "Disney" to us.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM
LOL well now I feel like we've built it up for you and you're going to be disappointed. ;)

It's just a really nice, scenic little ride. Think of it kind of like the WDW RR, only specific to Tomorrowland.

Oh no, I'll probably love it...I even like Ellen's Energy Ride:D

MPLSguy
10-21-2010, 12:17 PM
And if your even older the PeopleMover was also transformed for a brief period into an attraction ride called ROCKET RODS some time ago, but it created more problems maintenance wise so it was just as quickly dismanteled and scraped :sick:

brivers222
10-21-2010, 03:44 PM
here is a picture of Ghosty's first trip on the TTA... he even got his own seat!
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2414142140084639932oPuRwK

but that didnt last long... then he was up to no good lol
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2173684330084639932YyctSy

LOVE.THE.TTA.

Stu29573
10-21-2010, 04:19 PM
And if your even older the PeopleMover was also transformed for a brief period into an attraction ride called ROCKET RODS some time ago, but it created more problems maintenance wise so it was just as quickly dismanteled and scraped :sick:

Thankfully, the Rocket Rods debacle was only at Disneyland. Disney World's Peoplemover survives mostly unchanged...mostly...

Sylvia
10-21-2010, 04:30 PM
......3 or 4 times!! It's really relaxing....you can actually talk to the people that are riding with you (if you're not alone of course)...and it gives a great view of the Tomorrowland area.;)

And, if you've been on the Peoplemover as often as I have, you can actually have a great conversation with yourself about all of the fun you've had at WDW throughout the years. :blush: :blush:

Buttercup
10-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Yep, I'm another old school that doesn't call it the TTA... or the Peoplemover. We always just called it the WEDWay. :mickey: Everybody looks at us strange! :D
My 6 year old son calls it the Blue Train Ride, and it's one of his favorites.
My 3 year old daughter falls asleep on it all. the. time. so it's nice to give her some time to relax!

Greenlawler
10-22-2010, 01:17 PM
LOL well now I feel like we've built it up for you and you're going to be disappointed. ;)

Agreed the Peoplemover is the kind of ride you need low expectations for. It is also one of my favorite attractions, but like everyone has said save it for late in the day after you are exhausted that is when you will really appreciate it. We also like it more at night.

Granny Jill A
10-22-2010, 02:20 PM
The Peoplemover is a godsend for this old traveler. It's my favorite thing in MK - 10 minutes of pure heaven - off my feet.

:cloud9:

wedway76
10-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Now I feel old. We call it the WEDWAY too. (WED for Walter Elias Disney)

It is definitely an A ticket ride. (Another reference for old people like me)

We ride it several times per trip. It works great to fill up that time waiting for your FastPass Return.

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring"

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-22-2010, 11:32 PM
here is a picture of ghosty's first trip on the tta... He even got his own seat!
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2414142140084639932opurwk

but that didnt last long... Then he was up to no good lol
http://family.webshots.com/photo/2173684330084639932yyctsy

love.the.tta.

too cute

Disney Hungarian
10-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh no, I'll probably love it...I even like Ellen's Energy Ride:D

Then you will like the WEDway. You might not like that it is 30 minutes shorter than Ellen's.:mickey:

I must say that after all of these years it is still a must do for every trip I make.

Oh, and howdy neighbor. I live just up the road a piece from ya.