PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Room Windows

Disney4us2
10-19-2010, 10:15 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has decorated thier rooms or room windows while staying at the resorts during the holiday season.

We will be there Dec 1-8 and thought about putting small led lights in the window. I also saw a really tiny tree with lights. I thought it would be cute.

Will Disney even let us do that???

gauvin4
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes!! :santa3: We did it when we went for xmas 2007. There are many people that do this. It's nice to look at the decorations as you walk back to your room at night.

I have seen lights, garland, window clings and pictures children make. Have fun decorating!!

mitchsfan
10-19-2010, 12:04 PM
We were there from the 12th-20 in Decmber of 2007. I sent a package down to the resort unbeknownst to my wife . It had a stuffed snowman, window clings, lights and her mom's little Christmas tree. She absolutely loved it. I would say at least 40 percent of teh windows are decorated.

DisneyPrincess21
10-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Yep, you sure can! We did this for the first time last year. We had C7 lights hanging in the window with suction cups, a small tree with lights, and disney window clings. I bought everything at target before we left. It helped make us feel extra christmasy while at our resort. I would always here little kids walking by saying "look mom tinkerbell" "a Christmas tree!" etc. We only left everything plugged up if we were in the room. I wouldn't leave any lights turned on if you are heading to the parks (for fire safety reasons)

We will be there again this year!!

:tink:
:santa3: I Hope You Have A Magical Vacation! :wave: :santa3:

ToraTory
10-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm also going down the first week in December (staying at POFQ) and I am definitely going to decorate my window :) I think it's one of the best parts of going during the holidays!

Disney Hungarian
10-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Yes, decorating the windows is allowed. It is nice to see so many windows decorated too. Gets you in the Christmas spirit. I have an animated Mickey and Minnie that if I can find room for, I will bring them for the window. The window ledges are narrow, so I plan to place them on empty luggage cases. Have fun and try to make it personal, not just try to out do the neighbors. I love to see the children's drawings or notes to Santa when I am there.

danyele128
10-24-2010, 09:50 PM
YES YES YES! We do the whole table top tree and window decs, lights and all. Everyone has such a great time and that little bitty tree holds up the huge ornament we get each year just perfectly. lol. Do it! You will be glad......:thumbsup: