PDA

View Full Version : 23rd Birthday Suggestions

White Rose
10-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Hello everyone!

I've just booked airline tickets for my trip from 1/11-1/18 and I'm now starting to study ADRs, which are one of my FAVORITE parts of planning a trip.

A friend and I are going to be on the Basic DDP and we're going to be in Disney for a total of 8 days (including the day we arrive) but I'm booking only for a 7 day hopper because we plan on doing WWHP/IOA for one day.

I've been studying restaurants for where I'd like to have my birthday dinner (January 14th!) and I'm starting to lean more towards a Signature Dining Experience--especially because we would have one leftover TS credit because of not eating on Disney property on the IOA day. My friend said she would be willing to pay OOP for that day, so we could use the TS credit towards a signature dining restaurant.

My only question is, will we actually have enough TS credits in the end? Because we plan on having a TS meal every night, except for IOA day and then using that one to go towards the signature dining, for two. Math has never been my strong suit, so I'm making sure I have this right in my head. :blush:

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for a birthday dinner? I'm not actively looking for the restaurant to note it/celebrate it (even though I am mentioning in all ADRs it's my birthday, just because :party: ), so I'm not choosing by which restaurant would celebrate it more. I'm sort of torn between Artist Point and California Grill.

Any suggestions/helping me get my math right would be of GREAT help and appreciation! Thanks!

2MuchWDFun
10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Your dining plan is based on the number of nights--so I am assuming that you are staying 7 nights. With one day at IoA/US (paying OOP for that day's food) you should have no problem eating at a signature restaurant for your birthday. The only other question I have is what time are you arriving on the first day and when are you leaving on the last day? That will play into how many meals you will use on the first or last day. One other thing it is easy to share CS meals. Some examples:chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Rays, meals at Sunshine seasons, and huge sandwich combo at Starrring Rolls are just a few places that have large portions that are easy to share. If you shared a couple of CS meals then you definitely will be fine.

I'd recommend Cali Grill--it has a great variety of food (sushi, beef, pork and fish) and an unbeatable viewing of Wishes. Is there a better way to say, "Happy Birthday"? Be sure to time your reservation around the showing of Wishes. You can always eat a little earlier and still be allowed to see the fireworks.

SBETigg
10-19-2010, 03:45 PM
California Grill would also be the one I would choose for a birthday celebration with a friend. Artist Point, maybe for a romantic dinner some other time.

White Rose
10-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Your dining plan is based on the number of nights--so I am assuming that you are staying 7 nights. With one day at IoA/US (paying OOP for that day's food) you should have no problem eating at a signature restaurant for your birthday. The only other question I have is what time are you arriving on the first day and when are you leaving on the last day? That will play into how many meals you will use on the first or last day. One other thing it is easy to share CS meals. Some examples:chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Rays, meals at Sunshine seasons, and huge sandwich combo at Starrring Rolls are just a few places that have large portions that are easy to share. If you shared a couple of CS meals then you definitely will be fine.

I'd recommend Cali Grill--it has a great variety of food (sushi, beef, pork and fish) and an unbeatable viewing of Wishes. Is there a better way to say, "Happy Birthday"? Be sure to time your reservation around the showing of Wishes. You can always eat a little earlier and still be allowed to see the fireworks.

We're arriving early in the morning on the first day and I have ADRs at Teppan Edo for that evening. On the last day, we're leaving later in the evening, but I wasn't sure if we were going to do a TS dinner. I was contemplating doing a TS breakfast somewhere, though, for the morning of the day we leave.

Cali Grill is looking better as the option and I think my friend will be willing to eat a bit more there. I also like the idea of being able to have a nice view of Wishes. Does anyone know what time Wishes begins?

Also, thanks for the help everyone! Keep it coming! :wave:

SBETigg
10-19-2010, 06:08 PM
We're arriving early in the morning on the first day and I have ADRs at Teppan Edo for that evening. On the last day, we're leaving later in the evening, but I wasn't sure if we were going to do a TS dinner. I was contemplating doing a TS breakfast somewhere, though, for the morning of the day we leave.

Cali Grill is looking better as the option and I think my friend will be willing to eat a bit more there. I also like the idea of being able to have a nice view of Wishes. Does anyone know what time Wishes begins?

Also, thanks for the help everyone! Keep it coming! :wave:

The Wishes schedule is available under Park Hours at Info Central. The show time changes regularly, so you'll need to check for your dates. Even if your table doesn't have a view, there's an observation deck.

KAT1811
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM

:ditto:

Personally I think that California Grill is a restaurant everyone should try at least once. It has an amazing view of the World and is a fabulous experience. I think you'll have a wonderful time and a very happy birthday!

My oldest DD's birthday is the 18th!

:party2: :birthday: :cake:

White Rose
10-21-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the insights, everyone! I'm definitely going to go with Cali Grill. There's an ADR time open for them for 5:40--a little earlier than I wanted since I want to be able to see Wishes. Would they let you come back to view it? The only other time is 9:15 and Wishes would be over by then.

Also, does the online ressie system still let you put in if you're celebrating something? :confused: I wanted to note, esp for Cali Grill, that's it's my birthday. Not expecting something, but at least noting it would be nice!

SBETigg
10-21-2010, 07:09 PM
If you took the 9:15, you could go up early for Wishes and enjoy a beverage while watching. If you keep the early one, you are welcome to go back for the viewing- but you might not be around by then as it is some time to wait. Dinner is not a rushed affair, though, and the view is lovely at any time of day.

White Rose
10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
If you took the 9:15, you could go up early for Wishes and enjoy a beverage while watching. If you keep the early one, you are welcome to go back for the viewing- but you might not be around by then as it is some time to wait. Dinner is not a rushed affair, though, and the view is lovely at any time of day.

Sherri (if it's okay I call you that!) you've been extremely helpful! Thank you so much. I'll definitely try or the 9:15, then. I'd like to spend as much time as possible in MK on my birthday (it's my fave park!) and this gives me a good excuse to do so and then catch the Monorail over to the Contemporary and see Wishes! :thumbsup: