PDA

View Full Version : Best uses for Snack Credits?

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 02:40 PM
What are the best uses for snack credits? Is there a list anywhere of current offerings?

Gator
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
The Main Street Bakery will give you good value for the snack credit, and so will anywhere they scoop out ice cream into cones. However, I don't think about snack credit value too often. With the DDP, it's a great deal to get all the best food for lunch and dinner that you can handle. The snacks are just a bonus for me.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
We seem to be in that party too. Our snack credits go to waste a lot of the time, and we end up in the gift shop of the resort just before we head to the airport to buy a few crispy rice Mickey bars simply to use up those snack credits!

We're going to try really hard this year.

Check out if the new Caramel Kitchen in the German pavilion has offerings with the snack credits...I'd use up all of mine on that one stop!!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-18-2010, 04:11 PM
chocolate covered caramel pecan patties at the candy store in MK

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 04:28 PM
most of our snack credits went to waste last time we got the dining plan. i always read about everyone getting all these crazy things with their snack credits. Next time we go we're using the DDP and I would like to use the snack credits wisely.

dmallan
10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
If you're going to be there during F&WF you can use snack credits on any of the food offerings at the booths. Some are in the $4 - $5 range, but they still let you use a snack credit.

We love to use ours at the bakery in France. Most of the pastry items are a snack credit.

You can also use them for breakfast items at your resort. We've used a snack credit for a yogurt parfait or a bagel and cream cheese. We've not done this but I've heard they will let you use a snack credit for a little box of cereal with a 1/2 pint of milk.

MagicalGuest
10-19-2010, 10:36 AM
We use our snack credits toward breakfast items at the hotel food courts. Some eligible items are pastries, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit cups, orange juice, etc. Just make sure you tell the cashier which items (ie, the most expensive items) to count as snacks. It saves us a lot of $ on breakfast!

Stu29573
10-19-2010, 10:45 AM
We use them for breakfast at the parks. Our favorite breakfast-snack places are:

Magic Kingdom- Mainstreet Bakery
DHS- Starring Rolls
Epcot- Sunshine Seasons
Animal Kingdom- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery

DisneyFr33k
10-19-2010, 02:00 PM
For food items at the Food & Wine Festival. Some portions are so large (and great value) that we fill up and call it lunch! Where else can you eat Salmon, Pot Stickers, Crab cakes, lobster rolls and molten lava cake?! We'll be there this Sunday and cannot wait!! :woohoo: :tasty::eat:

ANG
10-19-2010, 02:03 PM
great info! thanks!

Spaceship Tigger
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
If you're going to be there during F&WF you can use snack credits on any of the food offerings at the booths. Some are in the $4 - $5 range, but they still let you use a snack credit.

The best deal we found at the F&WF was a $7.25 lobster roll that counted as a snack credit. We saved up most of our snack credits to use there.

rafiki fan
10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Mickey Bars, Mickey Bars and oh yea Mickey Bars. :mickey: We were disappointed last time we were down and they weren't offering as much in Goofy's candy shop at DD.

Going2HeavenRU
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Don't forget to use the snack credits for Dole Whips!:number1:

lynnek
10-24-2010, 11:50 AM
If we don't use them up between F&W and Dole Whips, I think I will pick up a bunch of Mickey Krispy things for my husbands' coworkers who are soooo excited he's finally going to WDW.

mainemajor
10-24-2010, 02:58 PM

This is where at least 1 of mine goes each time. While not a great value we have spent several on sodas.

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 10:42 PM

My favorite! Second only to the german chocolate cookies from Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD.

Anyone know if I could use a snack credit for a german chocolate cookie?

Kairi_7378
10-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Not sure about the German chocolate cookies, but we saw lots of stuff available for a snack credit in Norway's bakery.

One thing we do at Flame Tree BBQ is use snack credits to add an order of onion rings to a meal combo. That gives DH and I plenty of food to split a CS credit.