PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert party

FenwayGirl
10-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Has anyone attended this. I am interested as I hate standing in the crowds to watch Wishes. Can anyone tell me about the food, view, is the soundtrack from Wishes fed into the venue?

Strmchsr
10-18-2010, 02:57 PM
It's a pretty neat experience. We did it in May. The view is very good. You are initially seated at an assigned table. From there you get your desserts, which are buffet style. There is plenty of choice on the buffet. You can get all you need.

As for the view, once Wishes started almost everyone got up and walked to the wall to watch. I'd say it's fairly unlikely that you can sit at your table and see well.

I don't remember if the soundtrack was piped directly into that area or not, but I had no trouble hearing anything. That shouldn't be an issue for you.

Overall, I'm glad I did it once as I'm also not a big fan of standing in huge crowds, but I'm not sure it was really worth the money. There was nothing wrong with it other than cost, but I doubt I'd do it again for that reason.

rkmemkc
10-18-2010, 05:01 PM
We just attended this Friday (10/15). It was first class all the way. Wonderful stations of yummy desserts as well as all different kinds of drinks. Venue is the building between Canada and UK. It was originally used for The Millenium Celebration. After the we were done (around 8:40pm) we were directed to the area between the two stores at the entrance to World Showcase. Truly VIP standing area...very nice. The very best part was the 3D glasses they gave us. Every light had two Mickey heads around it. So when the fireworks went up .... millions of Mickeys....It was like nothing I have ever seen. I saved our 3 pairs and just know that every firework display I watch from here on out will be filled with MICKEY!!
Worth the money. :mickey:
From WDW's site:
NEW- "3D" Disney's Dessert Discovery
Join us for a dessert lover's dream! During the Festival, select Thursday & Friday evenings become truly delicious with a variety of desserts and samplings of cordials certain to please any sweet tooth. Afterwards enjoy V.I.P. viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. World ShowPlace Pavilion

Select Thursday & Fridays from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
10/8
10/15
10/21
10/28
11/5
11/12

Price: $45.00 USD per person, plus tax. Gratuity included. Theme park admission is required.

Strmchsr
10-18-2010, 05:24 PM
Venue is the building between Canada and UK.

The OP is referring to the Wishes Dessert Party, held in the MK, not the Illuminations party, though that sounds nice, too.

rkmemkc
10-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I see it now...WISHES. Oops....sorry
:mickey: