PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Impact: Food/Wine & MNSSHP

annetter
10-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi all -

4 adults (no kids) will be traveling to WDW Oct 24-30.

On what days will the crowds be the heaviest (or lightest) at Epcot? I know from the past that the Food and Wine festival really increases the crowds and would like to avoid them as much as possible if we have a choice.

Also - how does the Magic Kingdom Halloween party affect the crowd at MK during the day? Any affect at all? Is it less crowded on the party days?

Thanks so much for your advice - this is a invaluable resource! :mickey:

faline
10-18-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't think the Halloween party affects daytime crowds in the park. If anything, crowds might be a bit lighter due to the earlier park closing. World Showcase can get pretty busy during the evening hours, in particular, during the Food & Wine festival.

deedeenmickey
10-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Just got back yesterday and I would say the crowds at Magic Kingdom were light to moderate, AK & Studios were light and Epcot was maderate to heavy. I would think the locals come out to F&W on the weekends so I would try to go during the week to Epcot.

skadar2
10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Just got back from a 10 day trip. Overall crowds were heavier all around than in any previous trip... but still manageable. The worst for us was Hollywood Studios believe it or not. We hit it on Brazilian day or something. There were about 30 tour groups all from Brazil in that park. Waiting for Fantasmic was like being in a South American soccer stadium with all the chanting.

Avoid Epcot on Saturdays during Food & Wine. The lines were long and crowds heavy... but still an awesome experience.

brivers222
10-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Just got back also.... Never had a problem at epcot for anything.... I was spoiled by the 5min waits at the MK for MNSSHP that I didn't feel like waiting 25mins for Soarin or Test Track lol.... so we will do those next year.

MNSSHP was amazing. All rides were walk on and you could meet all the characters in the halloween dress

Just got back from a 10 day trip. Overall crowds were heavier all around than in any previous trip... but still manageable. The worst for us was Hollywood Studios believe it or not. We hit it on Brazilian day or something. There were about 30 tour groups all from Brazil in that park.

lol yeah we hit it on that day too... although i seemed to see their flags EVERYWHERE this past week at all parks

Melanie
10-18-2010, 04:50 PM
lol yeah we hit it on that day too... although i seemed to see their flags EVERYWHERE this past week at all parks

Wow. It's already that time again?

brivers222
10-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Wow. It's already that time again?

Yeah thats exactly what I said.... The Flags are UP!

OH and i will be getting my Trip reports ready, the internet was pretty bad at the offsite hotel. So I am busy uploading about 1,800 I took over the 10 days :D

lots of pictures lol

disneymom2000
10-26-2010, 10:23 AM
I would think the locals come out to F&W on the weekends so I would try to go during the week to Epcot.

I wish I was a local and could hop into a car one evening and check out the F&W festival on a whim. Or any special date for that matter.:truck: