PDA

View Full Version : Non-Preferred Room at CSR?

2MuchWDFun
10-16-2010, 07:43 PM
We just changed our ressies today and will be going to CSR over Christmas week.:ornament::santa::tree:

Where are the non-preferred rooms located? My only issue is getting coffee first thing in the morning.:coffee: Don't mind walking 10-15mins. Would like to go to the hot tub/Jacuzzi in the evenings as well. We won't be eating there--we have lots of ADRs elsewhere.

Are there specific buildings that are considered non-preferred, or is it one side of a building? Example: the side facing the parking area. If you can give building and room numbers that will be very helpful.
Any tips and insights will be appreciated.

We are so excited to be staying at CSR! Watched a video on YouTube from a trip during Christmas last year, it looked beautiful. Can't wait...only a little over 2 months to go.:mickey:

buzz2001
10-16-2010, 08:17 PM
CSR does not have preferred or non-preferred rooms at this time. Those categories do not begin until 2011.

2MuchWDFun
10-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I was wondering why I couldn't find any info about it! ;)
I went back to the reservation page and it describes the standard view rooms as "These rooms offer views of the courtyard or parking lot". The water view rooms look out onto the lake or pool.

I guess I'll assume that my "standard room" will be those on the other side of the buildings away from the pool and lake.

Any recommendations for specific room numbers or buildings that are within a 10 min walk from coffee and the hot tub/jacuzzi?
Honestly, anyplace will be fine.

Gator
10-17-2010, 01:50 AM
CSR does not have preferred or non-preferred rooms at this time. Those categories do not begin until 2011.

I haven't heard this. Which rooms will be the preferred locations? I would guess the Casitas - being right on top of El Centro. That's fine if that's the case. I prefer the Rancho section.

2MuchWDFun
10-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Buzz2001 (aka: CSR Man): I visited your fabulous CSR website, WOW!! There's so much detailed information about CSR. Very helpful to a first timer. This has made us that much more excited about staying at there.

Nancy

buzz2001
10-17-2010, 08:33 AM
I haven't heard this. Which rooms will be the preferred locations? I would guess the Casitas - being right on top of El Centro. That's fine if that's the case. I prefer the Rancho section.That decision has not been announced as of yet. Rumor has it that casita 1, 2 and 3 for proximity to the main building and cabana 8a and 8b for proximity to the pool. But again, these are just rumors.

buzz2001
10-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the quick response. I was wondering why I couldn't find any info about it! ;)
I went back to the reservation page and it describes the standard view rooms as "These rooms offer views of the courtyard or parking lot". The water view rooms look out onto the lake or pool.

I guess I'll assume that my "standard room" will be those on the other side of the buildings away from the pool and lake.

Any recommendations for specific room numbers or buildings that are within a 10 min walk from coffee and the hot tub/jacuzzi?
Honestly, anyplace will be fine.Cabana 8a is steps from the main pool and within a 10 min walk to the main building. for coffee. As you go up in cabana # (8b, 9a, 9b), the walk to coffee decreases and the walk to the hot tub increases.

2MuchWDFun
10-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks!

KAT1811
10-18-2010, 09:26 AM
On our last trip to CSR DD#3 was only 10 months old and a very early riser. We would walk each morning, in the predawn hours, to El Centro for coffee. We stayed in Cabanas I think 8B. We used to walk the whole resort waiting for everyone to rise and the walk was never very far from any area. It is a beautiful resort. Have a fabulous trip! We LOVE CSR!!!