PDA

View Full Version : Turkey leg ?

Winniehoney
10-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I know it's a wierd question, but has anyone ever shipped a turkey leg home? My husband and i are taking our first trip with out kids. My daughter wants us to send her a turkey leg. I thought i would at least see if anyone else has done this. If so, how?

faline
10-16-2010, 06:53 PM
I can't imagine how you would do this and still want to eat it when it arrived.

LVT
10-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Poultry is already risky for salmonella.
Please do not do this. (I work in a med. lab):ack::sick::ill:

joonyer
10-16-2010, 09:39 PM
You would have to ship it packed in dry ice. Not worth it. You can buy them at almost any fair or carnival, so you can probably find one closer to home. There's nothing really magic about the ones at WDW. Turkey is turkey.

Gator
10-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Yeah, dude, don't do that unless you're planning on taking it to a taxidermy and having it mounted on the wall. Strangely enough, I've never had one in my 5 trips. They just seem too darn messy.

TheRustyScupper
10-17-2010, 03:32 PM
I can't imagine how you would do this and still want to eat it when it arrived.

Not if you shipped it attached to the rest of the turkey.

#1donaldfan
10-18-2010, 12:35 PM
They are good, that's for sure, however as messy as they are !!!! Shipping home, even in dry ice, what a mess when thawed out !! Picuture text her you eating one, then just get her something not so perishable !!:mickey:

MOJoe
10-18-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm trying to imagine the look on the castmember's face if you were to actually ask if they could ship one to Oregon. "Seriously?" Just thinking about how that process might be carried out has me in stitches. Thanks for the chuckle.

Oh yeah, not even Tinkerbell could get it home fast enough.

JerseyDad
10-18-2010, 06:58 PM
....if my memory serves me correctly....the WDW turkey legs come from turkeys that weigh between 40 and 60 lbs!! And you’re probably thinking "it’s turkey so it's good for me". Well, if you think that 1,100 calories, about a days worth of fat, and two days worth of sodium PER TURKEY LEG is good for you...........then give me a high-five!!! 'Cause I love them too!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
10-27-2010, 06:19 AM
I can't imagine wanting to eat it after it's been shipped from Florida :ack:

frakers
10-28-2010, 04:58 PM
I was at our local Wal-Mart a few days ago and noticed that they sell the cooked turkey legs in the deli. I didn't buy one but the fella working behind the counter said that he has a woman who buys them by the case from the store and then takes them to local festivals and re-sells them for twice the price. They may be similar to the ones at Disney, who knows? I believe he told me a price of less than $4 each, so it's not a bad price if you want to look there and give them a try.

brivers222
10-29-2010, 11:44 AM
have her go to the local renassance faire... its probably BETTER and CHEAPER lol

MomTo3Tiggers
10-29-2010, 12:36 PM
I know it's a wierd question, but has anyone ever shipped a turkey leg home? My husband and i are taking our first trip with out kids. My daughter wants us to send her a turkey leg. I thought i would at least see if anyone else has done this. If so, how?

If you are willing to pay a fairly significant shipping, you can get the company that makes them to ship them to you. I don't remember their name, but they do it in a styrofoam cooler with cold packs.

JerseyDad
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM
If you are willing to pay a fairly significant shipping, you can get the company that makes them to ship them to you. I don't remember their name, but they do it in a styrofoam cooler with cold packs.

...the "Sunday House" division of Erlich Foods is the company that makes the turkey legs.

Kairi_7378
10-31-2010, 08:36 AM
....if my memory serves me correctly....the WDW turkey legs come from turkeys that weigh between 40 and 60 lbs!! And you’re probably thinking "it’s turkey so it's good for me". Well, if you think that 1,100 calories, about a days worth of fat, and two days worth of sodium PER TURKEY LEG is good for you...........then give me a high-five!!! 'Cause I love them too!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:number1: