PDA

View Full Version : Picnic Time....

ravsluvdisney
10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Has anyone - if they are providing this - ever done the 'Picnic in the Park' option at AK? Apparently you can get meals , drinks, utensils, etc. bagged up and you get your grub and find designated spots around the park to sit and eat. Sounds interesting but only heard of it recently. Anyone? Anyone? :thumbsup:

sassafras
10-16-2010, 06:20 PM
We did it in Aug. 09. Food was good, but service was lacking. We were back at the AK in Sept. and it appeared they weren't doing it anymore. Maybe someone else will come along with more info. We would have liked to done it again.

disneymom2000
10-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Does your meal come from one of the restaurants in the park or just somewhere you pick up a pre-made meal? I don't understand about the service being bad - Do they bring it to a site for you or was the service bad where you picked up the picnic?

snowflakegirl
10-26-2010, 11:34 AM
When my boyfriend and I were there in August, we used the Picnic in the Park meal for our last day. We were in AK in the morning, had to zip to Epcot for our Behind the Seeds tour, and then back to the hotel to pick up our carryons and change to get on the Magical Express bus bacck to the airport. We weren't sure when we'd be hungry/where we'd be/how much time we'd have, so we figured it was the best option because we could carry it with us.

It is a prepackaged meal that you pick up at one of the stores (I can't remember which one, but I think it was Beastly Bazaar). We were able to get one of those totes that you see in grocery stores with the picnic in the park emblem on it, two sandwhiches that we chose from a variety of premade sandwhiches (we had the turkey foccacia and the ham and salami on ciabbatta), two small bags of lays potato chips, two bottles of water (they also had bottled soda), and two desertes (a brownie and a rice crispy treat) from a variety of deserts for just about $20. It was perfect for us because we could toss it all in the bag and carry it with us out of the park and to Epcot for our tour. We ended up not even eating it until we got back to the hotel and were in a rush to eat and change and get on our Magical Express bus, so ordering a meal, even from Mara, at that point would have been too much time.

BklynChick
10-29-2010, 09:29 PM
I had read that this was discontinued, but if you go inside Beastly Bazaar there is a refrigerated display that has Picnic in the Park items. They aren't really promoting it and honestly if I hadn't wandered around the whole store I would not have seen it.