PDA

View Full Version : Taking my son to MK on his birthday. What can I do/expect?

Terra
10-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Finally a birthday that falls on a Saturday!:blush:

My oldest will be 4 on November 13th. We've decided to surprise him with a day trip to MK.

We go to the parks quite a bit. But have yet to celebrate an actual birthday DAY there!

I know he can get the HB button. What else can we do? Do they have a place to buy a little cake? Maybe I could book us a character lunch at Crystal Palace? Would they offer a cake to buy?

Give me info/tips/advice! I'm really looking forward to this! :) Going to have a shirt made for him too with a picture of him as a baby with his Mickey ears and a "Birthday Boy" and "the big 4" on it :)

faline
10-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Sounds like fun!

Make sure you not the birthday celebration on your dining reservation and they might decorate the table. They will also often supply a birthday cupcake.

This dicussion might give you information on ordering a cake (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=174837&highlight=cake+order).

Kenny1113
10-16-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree with pp,if u mention it on ur reservation u might get a dessert. At sci-fi a couple of years ago DS9 got a signed bday card. If u get the HB Button he will get a lot of "happy birthday" wishes.
Have fun!

Btw he shares my bday!!!:party:

And my dad used to live in Lake Wales.

missymouseworld
10-16-2010, 01:46 PM
When I researched ordering a cake at the restaurant we have a reservation at (LTT) they told me that they always have a Mickey Mouse cake available at all restaurants (I think they said a 6" that would feed up to 8) available in vanilla or chocolate. If you needed/wanted something different, you have to order it from them ahead of time. If you don't want to purchase a cake and want to celebrate their birthday, they also have cupcakes.

Hope your son has a great birthday. :party:

cetacean01
10-16-2010, 04:21 PM
My son got a birthday phone call from Goofy and Stitch.....our hotel room was filled with balloons and cards.....and he was given fast passes at MK.......ya never know....if you make it a big deal I find that the CM's get in on the celebration.:mickey:

Terra
10-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I agree with pp,if u mention it on ur reservation u might get a dessert. At sci-fi a couple of years ago DS9 got a signed bday card. If u get the HB Button he will get a lot of "happy birthday" wishes.
Have fun!

Btw he shares my bday!!!:party:

And my dad used to live in Lake Wales.
Nov 13th is a great day! ;)

Ahhhh Lake Wales! It's actually growing! I'm excited about that!

Thanks everyone for the input! Now to decide if I want to do Crystal Palace at Lunch or the O'Hana breakfast at the Polynesian before heading the MK! What to do, what to do!!! :)