PDA

View Full Version : Finding Hidden Mickeys, is it a waste?

plutosnana
10-16-2010, 08:51 AM
I have the book that shows where all the hidden mickeys r at WDW, but sometimes i forget...
But is it worth it? Or a waste of time at your trip?

:goofy:

disneymom15
10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't have the book, but I do, at times, find myself looking for them. I don't find them very often.

cer
10-16-2010, 10:07 AM
I think it really depends on how you want to tour. For example, someone who has pretty much "done" disney - may want to do a hidden mickey scavenger hunt and experience the parks in a whole new way.

But maybe that isn't you. So instead of considering it a "waste of time" use the book to your advantage, if you are killing time in a queue, open the book, see what Hidden Mickeys are in the area as you go. The author has it organized really well in a way that you can hunt them out on your own, or it will tell you right where to look. If it is getting in the way, put it away, you will know if it is slowing down your touring (in a bad way).

I had a similar experience with the Kim Possible missions in Epcot. I know it was a fun thing to do, but it was getting in the way of my enjoying myself, so we quickly ditched that game. If I had exhausted Epcot and knew it like the back of my hand, I might have enjoyed Kim Possible more.

Some Hidden Mickeys and other hidden images are quite remarkable and such a neat gift that the Imagineers have given.

One of my favorites is the one in the clouds in a scene in Splash Mountain.

To be quite honest, I have never just gone on a Hidden Mickey search with book in hand, but it is fun if you know of some, to see them and share them with your travel group.

By the way, Hidden Mickeys are just a small part of the many many details that make Disney World amazing!

Happy Hunting! :mickey:

Mousemates
10-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Is it a waste?

Not if you enjoy it. Your day at WDW is your day at WDW, do with it whatever YOU want to do...if you enjoy searching for Hidden Mickeys (or trading pins, or getting character signatures, or riding IASW seventy-eight consecutive times) its not a waste.

Kim Possible
10-16-2010, 12:39 PM
OMG NO! My family and I LOVE doing that! Some of them are so awesome that you never forget they are there! GMR has some pretty awesome ones and has my all time fav one :mickey:

Funforall
10-16-2010, 03:19 PM
We've actually got a photo album just filled with hidden mickeys. It really adds to the experience for us.

jpH/keD
10-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Not a waste at all! Just something fun to do when there are down moments. Especially while 'waiting' in any fashion!! My DS6 loves to find them!!

vizsla
10-17-2010, 07:18 AM
We don't go out of our way looking for them, but we do find some news ones we have never seen on other trips.

Mickeydream
10-17-2010, 04:03 PM
We had such an awesome time looking for various Hidden Mickeys! Whichever park/attraction/resort/restaurant we were in we just used the book as a guide to find the HM there. It never hindered our fun, in fact, it added to it. :number1:

IloveDisney71
10-17-2010, 09:59 PM
We use the book when we are killing time waiting in line or waiting for a show to start. When we find one we try to get a picture of it so we can add it to our photo album. We've been able to get quite a few pictures of some over the years.