PDA

View Full Version : Most current Candlelight Processional Narrators

Melanie
10-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Seems like there has been a lot of changes in this years lineup, as well as long untaken spots, but Disney Parks blog just released this complete list.

Isabella Rossellini – 11/26 – 28
John O’Hurley – 11/29 – 12/1
Corbin Bernsen – 12/2 – 4
Susan Lucci – 12/5 – 6
Jodi Benson – 12/7 – 9
Whoopi Goldberg – 12/10 – 11
Steven Curtis Chapman – 12/12 – 15
Thomas Gibson – 12/16 – 18
Trace Adkins – 12/19 – 21
Brad Garrett – 12/22 – 23
Edward James Olmos – 12/24 – 27
Marlee Matlin / Jack Jason – 12/28 – 30

tinksmom02
10-15-2010, 07:24 PM
So upset that we're missing John O'Hurley by just one day!!

bouncer
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
went from seeing Ed Asner to Susan Lucci. should be great!

In my dreams
10-16-2010, 12:50 PM
From the list, I think Marlee Matlin might be the "longest runner". My sis and parents were lucky enough to have her as a narrator one year. They loved her.
My daughter is hearing impaired and ASL is her 2nd language-(she's a wonderful lip reader.) To see a person do ASL in a stage type setting is absolutely fascinating.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
10-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Glad to see they finally released the narrators for our night. Was hoping for Isabelle Rossillini, always thought she was one of the more classically beautiful actresses, but we do get John O'Hurley. We saw him back in 2008 and old J. Pederman did a really good job.

HoosierDisneyFan
10-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Wonder what happened to Ed Asner??

RAIDER
10-20-2010, 03:27 AM
I am so gutted i am going to miss Brad Garrett ,were leaving for back home on the
19th :(

Ian
10-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Whoopi Goldberg – 12/10 – 11
Steven Curtis Chapman – 12/12 – 15Oh great ... two people I have absolutely no interest in seeing are the two doing CP while we're there in December.

That's a bummer ... we really wanted to do CP again this year. We love it!

DisneyPrincess21
10-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Oh great ... two people I have absolutely no interest in seeing are the two doing CP while we're there in December.

:santa3: Well I am happy that I will be getting to see Steven Curtis Chapman ;) :santa3:

Ian
10-21-2010, 08:28 AM
:santa3: Well I am happy that I will be getting to see Steven Curtis Chapman ;) :santa3:I don't even know who he is ... :confused:

Septbride2002
10-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Would love to see Edward James Olmos - he's Admiral Adama!

Ian - Steven Curtis Chapman is a Christian Rock singer.

Ian
10-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Would love to see Edward James Olmos - he's Admiral Adama! Totally agree ... he's one of my favorite actors.

Ian - Steven Curtis Chapman is a Christian Rock singer.Well that would explain why I've never heard of him. ;)

Hammer
10-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh great ... two people I have absolutely no interest in seeing are the two doing CP while we're there in December.

Ian, they are just reading the Christmas story, not running a town hall meeting ;) . So long as they have a good speaking voice (and I have no idea what Steven Curtis Chapman sounds like), it should be enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I have Brad Garrett. I know what his voice sounds like and I am not a fan. Just missing Thomas Gibson (actor on Criminal Minds, if you are not familar) and I would love to have heard him as I really like his voice (and him too :blush: ).

BTW, totally agree with Edward James Olmos. Absolutely love him.

Scar
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Funny, I've never heard of Chapman or Olmos. Or Trace Adkins, Thomas Gibson, and Jodi Benson.

Ian
10-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Ian, they are just reading the Christmas story, not running a town hall meeting ;) . So long as they have a good speaking voice (and I have no idea what Steven Curtis Chapman sounds like), it should be enjoyable.Eh ... I don't really have any interest in listening to people I don't know or like. Part of the draw of CP for me is the intimacy with the host. If I have absolutely no connection to them it just wouldn't be the same.

Funny, I've never heard of Chapman or Olmos. Or Trace Adkins, Thomas Gibson, and Jodi Benson.You've never heard of Jodi Benson?? What kind of Disney fan are you?? She was the voice of Ariel!! :D

Hammer
10-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Eh ... I don't really have any interest in listening to people I don't know or like. Part of the draw of CP for me is the intimacy with the host. If I have absolutely no connection to them it just wouldn't be the same.

Yeah, I think totally differently about it than you. I don't like Russ Limbaugh, but I think he has a strong voice and think it would be interesting to hear him do something like the Christmas Story.

Funny, I've never heard of Chapman or Olmos. Or Trace Adkins, Thomas Gibson, and Jodi Benson.

You've never heard of Jodi Benson?? What kind of Disney fan are you?? She was the voice of Ariel!! :D

Ian, you beat me to it about Jodi Benson. To answer about the other people-

Trace Adkins- country singer
Steven Curtis Chapman- Christian Rock singer
Edward James Olmos- Oscar and Emmy nominated actor
Thomas Gibson-actor, Agent Hotchner "Criminal Minds" CBS

Ian
10-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I think totally differently about it than you. I don't like Russ Limbaugh, but I think he has a strong voice and think it would be interesting to hear him do something like the Christmas Story.Oh oh ... it has nothing to do with Whoopi's politics. Sorry if I gave that impression. I just don't like her voice (too gravelly) and can't see her doing a good job. Also, just not a fan of her work either.

I mean, if it was Tim Robbins or Alec Baldwin or something like that I would rush to see them and their politics are similar to Whoopi's.

ibrowse17
10-21-2010, 05:35 PM
We saw Edward James Olmos a couple of years ago, and he was awsome:thumbsup:

Scar
10-22-2010, 11:49 AM
You've never heard of Jodi Benson?? What kind of Disney fan are you?? She was the voice of Ariel!! :D

Ian, you beat me to it about Jodi Benson. To answer about the other people-

Trace Adkins- country singer
Steven Curtis Chapman- Christian Rock singer
Edward James Olmos- Oscar and Emmy nominated actor
Thomas Gibson-actor, Agent Hotchner "Criminal Minds" CBSI'm more of a "Disney World" fan. Although I do own "The Little Mermaid" DVD and I think "Part of Your World" is one of Disney's best. I guess I really only pay attention to the actors when it's someone famous voicing them.

As far as the others, the only one I probably should know is Olmos, but I checked IMDB and never saw any of his movies. :shrug:

Ian
10-22-2010, 04:44 PM
As far as the others, the only one I probably should know is Olmos, but I checked IMDB and never saw any of his movies. :shrug:You never watched Miami Vice or saw Stand and Deliver??

You're missing out ... EJO is a very, very talented actor.

Trivia ... in Stand and Deliver Olmos played real-life L.A. area educator Jaime Escalante who passed away earlier this year from cancer.

Scar
10-22-2010, 05:55 PM
You never watched Miami Vice or saw Stand and Deliver??

Nope. If you say "Stand and Deliver" is good, I'll check it out.

Ian
10-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Nope. If you say "Stand and Deliver" is good, I'll check it out.I thought it was anyway. Pretty inspiring and Olmos' portrayal is an outstanding piece of acting.

wedoada
10-22-2010, 11:42 PM
We attended on Christmas eve last year and had Edward James Olmos. He was fantastic and he made it even more moving with some personal reflections on the Spirit of Christmas...and being there on Christmas eve.

Between his striking voice and what you could tell were very sincere personal feelings...it was an event that we won't soon forget.

If you're there this Christmas eve we would strongly recommend going to hear him !

Melanie
10-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Nope. If you say "Stand and Deliver" is good, I'll check it out.

Stand and Deliver is a great movie. I'd love to see Edward James Olmos.

bouncer
10-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd love to see Trace Adkins. He has such a deep voice. I am actually disappointed we aren't seeing him. Glad it's not Whoopi and kind of indifferent to see Susan Lucci but I'm sure she'll do wonderfully. Most of the names listed I'm kind of like, "eh, whatever."

What to they do if the listed actor becomes sick on their scheduled date? How do they rearrange or is the show cancelled? Just curious..

disneymom2000
11-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I am so pumped. Stephen Curtis Chapman is the narrator the time I am there. Can't wait to hear him tell the Christmas Story.

DisneyPrincess21
11-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I am so pumped. Stephen Curtis Chapman is the narrator the time I am there. Can't wait to hear him tell the Christmas Story.

I will be seeing him also :thumbsup:

SorcererJim
11-07-2010, 09:05 PM

Well Ian, if you go on Friday the 10th, I can tell you that you will see 80 very talented children singing in the choir!! My wife's HS Choir will be singing in the 6:45 and 8:15 shows! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
11-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I'll be there 12/10---12/19. I plan on going to see Thomas Gibson. Love him and Criminal Minds. I can't wait.