PDA

View Full Version : Returning after 4+ years, now with an 18 month old...

Jack Skellington
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
What new things should we expect/look for?

Also, this is the first time to WDW with our mobile and curious 18 month old.

Any tips for doing WDW with a toddler?

What have we overlooked in our past visits as "big kids" that we should ensure we and our toddler do/see this time?

What attractions or rides do toddlers LOVE!?

So far we're pretty sure we'll spend a lot of time in Fantasyland.

Thanks!

JS:mickey:

P.S. we leave for Orlando tomorrow night.

Kenny1113
10-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Yep a lot of time in fantasyland and toontown. Playhouse Disney at DHS. Bring an extra change of clothes for the water play areas, some kids love them. (one of mine did, one hated them until he was 4).

Soccermom12
10-14-2010, 08:24 PM
The Playhouse Disney show at DHS, the dinosaur dig play area where you can dig up "fossils" at AK (we had a hard time getting our kids out of there), At MK -fantasyland and Tom Sawyer Island (has some small playgrounds - great for getting out of the stroller for a while and no lines!) In Epcot, my kids loved Innovations...they dressed up velcro frogs, got stickers - and it was nice to be inside for a while.

bostonsam
10-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Agree with all the above posts.when we go we expect the kids to want to stay @MK the other parks seem to have the shows to enjoy(mine did not lol) but not alot of rides,other than MK we would spend quite a bit of time at the pool if it's hot...poor things,I was always trying to keep him cool,sunscreened & hydrated ;)

Jack Skellington
10-17-2010, 09:27 PM
So far so good everyone! Thanks for all the suggestions. Today was Animal Kingdom and tje kiddo really enjoyed the Kilamanjaro Safari, Triceratop Spin. She really liked people watching and the parade.

Magic Kingdom tomorrow.

Gator
10-18-2010, 03:21 PM
That is such a fun time to take a kid. My DD was 17 months on her first trip, and my son was 20 months on his first trip. The best term I can use is "Awakening". When you kid get there, it's like there senses awaken and the become so much more aware at Disney World.

Take them on all the slow dark rides. They'll love the AK. Use the stoller to your advantage for naps. It will be an amazing trip.

Jack Skellington
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
We returned successfully and the little Princess had a great time. She seemed to really enjoy almost everything.

Things she loved:
-Mickey's Philharmagic (even kept her 3D Opera glasses on for 75% of the show).
-Kilimanjaro Safari
-AK parade, MK parade.
-Wishes fireworks.
-Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor (she absolutely loved this one).
-Running around on her own at World Showcase before Illuminations.
-Walking through the Labyrinth in the UK pavilion.
-Finding Nemo at the Living Seas, Turtle Talk with Crush and the fish tanks.
-Triceratop Spin.
-Ice cream.
-Playing with the "actors" at DHS, "ruining" their movie shoots by walking into the shot.

Things she liked:
-Haunted Mansion (2x).
-Pirates of the Caribean.
-Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
-Living with the Land boat ride.
-Peter Pan.
-Winnie the Pooh.
-Country Bear Jamboree (though we didn't like it-it's getting old).
-Seeing characters from afar.
-Muppet Vision 3D.
-Mid day naps.

Things she disliked:
-It's Tough to Be a Bug (I know, you all warned us).
-Buzz Lightyear Space Rangers.
-Standing in line (thank you FastPass).

All in all it was a good trip, we didn't "do" as much as we used to, but we saw the parks from a different and welcomed perspective.