PDA

View Full Version : Rides that Require Lockers Question?

DisneyFr33k
10-14-2010, 07:00 AM
How many rides require lockers? For those rides, can you put items in your pockets - i.e. camera in a cargo pants side pocket or will they make you empty those out as well?

btharvey
10-14-2010, 07:27 AM
I only know of one, but then again, we're not that rambunctious! :mickey: Kali River Rapids has a central well in each raft where purses, backpacks, etc. can be placed for further (not perfect) protection from the water. They don't require it except for bags. Pockets are perfectly able to become soaking wet, as is anything inside.

WDWfanatic742
10-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Anything small enough for pocket's its fine. Just going off the top of my head, the rides that require lockers are:

Universal Orlando - Men in Black and Revenge of the Mummy

Island's of Adventure - Incredible Hulk and Dragon Challenge (Dueling Dragons)
It might seem silly to require it for Men in Black, but the spinning the cars do would sometimes throw items onto the track. I had a friend with a stuffed animal and they wouldn't allow her to take it on the ride.

There are also lockers at Jurrassic Park Adventure if you don't want to get your items wet. Lockers are free for a certain amount of time, the time is probably based off of how long the wait is. Looking it up online I see anywhere from 45 to 75 minutes so it changes. It should tell you how long they are free for when you get a locker. After that it is 2 Dollars per hour or 8 to 10 Dollars for the day.

DisneyFr33k
10-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Do they require fanny pack to be stowed? They won't come off the body....

WDWfanatic742
10-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Fanny Packs are another story. I don't know if its required or not, but sometimes they do make you put them in a locker and sometimes they don't. It depends on the employee at the time.

LVT
10-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Fanny packs are up to the specific employee. I had to take it off 1 of 3 times for dueling dragons. It sure seemed random otherwise. I do not plan on carrying any non-pocket items next time. (sigh, no photos). The lockers were easy to do, (if not remember) but I got annoyed quickly.

Kathy Jetson
10-31-2010, 02:39 AM
I have a purse I wear across my body is that allowed?

Kathy Jetson
11-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Bump

NJGIRL
11-09-2010, 09:26 AM

I don't think that they will allow that, but as someone else said some employees let things through especially if they are not paying attention. I wouldn't take a chance, I would lock it up because after waiting in line you wouldn't want to have to walk back to the lockers.:(

Kathy Jetson
11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't think that they will allow that, but as someone else said some employees let things through especially if they are not paying attention. I wouldn't take a chance, I would lock it up because after waiting in line you wouldn't want to have to walk back to the lockers.:(

Thank you for the reply. I'm actually thinking of getting a fanny pack for these 2 parks if I can find something kind of cute. I don't even know where to look for one or if they still make these.

NJGIRL
11-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Kathy, Walmart still sells them. Also, if you are going to Disney first I saw many of them in their stores. Maybe you can even go online to the Disney store's website.

Insanity Clause
11-10-2010, 11:20 PM
I just bought a fanny pack from Amazon for 2.95. The shipping was actrually more expensive than the item. I am going to wear it but since it is December I will probably have a jacket on over it so I hope I don't have to remove it as it will be a pain!

DisneyFr33k
11-11-2010, 07:01 AM
Fanny packs are up to the specific employee. I had to take it off 1 of 3 times for dueling dragons. It sure seemed random otherwise. I do not plan on carrying any non-pocket items next time. (sigh, no photos). The lockers were easy to do, (if not remember) but I got annoyed quickly.

We just got back and I wore a fanny pack. I was not asked to remove it and use a lock on any ride. However, I did remove it for the Rip Rip Ride Rockit. Even on Dueling Dragons, they allowed me to keep it on. Once, one ride attendant did ask another if it was alright and he said "yes, it is attached to the body". The did aske me to move it to the side.

However, while we were waiting to board Dueling Dragons, a woman behind us who had on a purse on across her body. One of the ride attendants told her to go back and put it in the locker. She said "yesterday, they let me wear in on the ride" and he still made her go back and put it in the locker.

Hope this helps!

Kathy Jetson
11-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Thank you for the replies everyone!:mickey: