PDA

View Full Version : Question - Harry Potter Ride & Motion Sickness

DisneyFr33k
10-14-2010, 06:58 AM
I don't want any spoilers, but can someone give me the jist of this ride? Someone mentioned in a previous post that it could cause motion sickness? I got terribly sick off the Orange Mission Space (not vomiting, but I was zoned out/sleepy for the entire day after riding it).

Will this ride be of concern for those of us with motion sickness?

joonyer
10-14-2010, 10:58 AM
ON forbidden Journey, the ride vehicle is a bench attached to a robotic arm that is attached to a track. As it moves through the ride building, the arm lifts the nech into the air and swings you around and up and down, to give you the sensation of flying through different scene from the books and movies. While there are no big drops or spinning (like Mission space), if you are very sensitive to motion sickness, I suppose it would be possible to fell sick from this attraction.

For me the spinning sensation of the teacups at WDW is the worst ride out there for motion sickness. But everyone is different. I would say that the motion in Forbidden Journey is more intense than Soarin', but it is not as much movement as a coaster.

DisneyFr33k
10-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks jooyner! This is exactly what I wanted! No, I can handle Green Mission Space and Soarin without issue. I just cannot handle the centrifuge or tea cup spinning, and even felt sick coming off the Primevil Whirl in Animal Kingdom.... :ill:

bostonsam
10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I got sick at the Magic carpets of Aladdin(virtual reality):sick:really felt like it was going to come up,sorry lol and the same with TT:blush:vowed to never go on again!We have M.O.M here and was fine on that though!?planning on trying Soarin but def would not try MS:noway: