PDA

View Full Version : losing a tooth

Kathy Jetson
10-13-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure where this goes. We are going to Disney this weekend and ds is about to lose his first tooth. I thought I read on here before that disney will do something special if they lose a tooth while there does anyone know anything about this?

buzznwoodysmom
10-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Not sure if they will do anything special for a lost tooth. When my DS lost a tooth in WDW "Tinkerbell delivered disney dollars to him that night". Because you know Tink does tooth fairy duty in WDW!

phillydan
10-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Not sure if Disney does anything, but I read another post where the child was upset when they lost a tooth and thought that the Tooth Fairy would not know they were in WDW. The parents told the child that Tink would inform the Tooth Fairy to come and visit, since all Fairies talk to each other.

Might be worth a try. Good luck!

faline
10-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I've never heard of Disney doing anything for lost teeth. As parents, I would guess you would be in touch with the Tooth Fairy to be sure that something "magical" happened for one of your children who lost a tooth while at Disney World!

spikesmom
10-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh my, this brings back memories!
My son lost his a tooth while we were staying at Fort WIlderness many moons ago
He actually lost the tooth feeding the dolphins at Sea World, it fell in the pool!
But that night, he wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy - I still have the note-
"Dear Tooth Fairy, I lost my tooth in the Dolphin pool at SeaWorld
PS you can look in my mouth if you don't believe me"

So cute!:mickey:

samanthastanky
10-13-2010, 08:33 PM
ADORABLE!!! I haven't heard of them doing anything, but I bet if you called the concierge at your resort they would come up with something. I know that they'll often send an autographed card from Mickey for special occasions, so why not this?

When I was a little girl (I'm thinking this was 1984 maybe?) I distinctly remember losing a tooth while we were in The Land. I'll never forget that as long as I live!

BrerGnat
10-13-2010, 09:38 PM
Well, you could get him a button and write that one there (it could be what you are celebrating...you could really milk it too...mention it at all your TS meals, etc.) ;)

I was at DCA yesterday and a CM operating a ride asked if there were any "celebrations" onboard (it was the Golden Zephyr, which is sort of like a carousel type ride that goes around). He told us all that there was a woman the day before who was proudly celebrating "Happily Divorced" and her button even said that on it! Thought that was funny.

DISNEY will not do anything, so don't have expectations, but you can certainly have him wear a button and make a huge deal about it! It's a big deal...losing that first tooth. :party:

fireball00
10-14-2010, 01:02 AM
Disney might not do anything special for a lost tooth, but that don't mean you cann't make it special. I still recall when my dd lost her first tooth at AK on her first trip to the world.

disneyfanfromoz
10-14-2010, 01:15 AM
My DS lost at tooth at WDW this last week. We were at the YC and I asked at reception (was going to ask concierge but they were closed as it was late at night) and reception said they do up a letter from the tooth fairy and you can buy Disney dollars and leave the letter and the $'s out that night.

The letter was really cute. We are on our way home now, when I find the letter I'll tell you what they wrote.

Kathy Jetson
10-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Thank you all for your replies! If it comes out while we are there I will ask the concierge and will also make sure I bring something to make it special a letter from the tooth fairy sounds great!:mickey:

smokester653
10-14-2010, 09:15 AM
I would def go get him some Disney Dollars for under the pillow. You could also have him a special t-shirt made before you go that says something to the affect of " I lost my 1st tooth @ WDW & the Tooth Fairy left me Disney $s"

BTW- we are from Surfside Beach & we are heading to the World Oct 27- Nov 2nd.

13 more days :party:

Iluvpooh
10-14-2010, 09:20 AM
My DD lost a tooth while in Tink's Treasures at MK last year. The lady at the register called POP and when we got back to our resort, there were balloons waiting for her at the front desk. So sweet. Every experience is different, but I would think if you let them know-something will be done.

Kathy Jetson
10-14-2010, 02:49 PM
I would def go get him some Disney Dollars for under the pillow. You could also have him a special t-shirt made before you go that says something to the affect of " I lost my 1st tooth @ WDW & the Tooth Fairy left me Disney $s"

BTW- we are from Surfside Beach & we are heading to the World Oct 27- Nov 2nd.

13 more days :party:

We will miss you by 3 days we are coming home on the 24th. Have a great time!

Kathy Jetson
10-14-2010, 02:50 PM
My DD lost a tooth while in Tink's Treasures at MK last year. The lady at the register called POP and when we got back to our resort, there were balloons waiting for her at the front desk. So sweet. Every experience is different, but I would think if you let them know-something will be done.

Thats very cool. Thank you for sharing!:mickey:

misspriss
10-14-2010, 03:53 PM
My DS9 lost a tooth a few weeks ago when we were there. This is the 3rd time he has lost a tooth at DisneyWorld. I never even thought to ask and see if they would do a letter, etc. But he did get a visit from the tooth fairy. One time he got a stitch stuffed animal that he had his eye on and this time it was a Vinylmation. He was really into those on this last trip. Anyway, he has gotten small gifts rather than money when he has lost a tooth there and it has made it pretty special for him.

Ropachs
10-14-2010, 04:30 PM
My son lost his first tooth on the last day of our 2008 vacation - at Cosmic Rays to be exact. :mickey:

Fortunately, I had time to get a small souvenier to be left by the tooth fairy that night back at home. She left a note saying she thought he may like this rather than money this time since we were just at WDW. He still talks about it, 2 years later.

BugeyedMuggy
10-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Just this month while we were at Disney my nephew ran out of money. He had a loose tooth so he pulled it out for the $$$$. He was left disney dollars to spend for the next day. A bit extreme to me but he was happy.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
10-20-2010, 06:35 PM
My DS (7) lost a tooth on October 13 at Teppan Edo. It had been hanging by a thread for days. When we checked in at Teppan Edo, it started bleeding just a little bit, so we thought it was time for it to come out. He asked his sister (10) if she would pull it out for him, and what sister wouldn't want to inflict a little pain on her little brother? So she immediately and happily accepted. While we waited for our table, the two of them went into the bathroom (and my wife followed to get the whole thing on video) and out came the tooth.

He told the hostesses and they gave him one of the "I'm Celebrating. . ." buttons. Usually people put "My 1st Trip" or "Our Anniversary" or "My Birthday" on those buttons, but it was perfect -- it read "I'm Celebrating Losing My Tooth." (These are the buttons where you write whatever you want below the words "I'm Celebrating.") He wore it proudly for the rest of the trip. In our case, though, while he got the button, Disney did not do anything additional (and we didn't expect anything).

We told him that it turned out that Tink happened to be on vacation the same week as us, so tooth fairy services would be unavailable during our trip. We did it our first night home after the vacation.

buzznwoodysmom
10-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Just had to comment on this thread again. I have two sons. We are leaving for WDW in one week. My oldest DS lost a tooth about two weeks ago and then another one again today. Younger DS then says, I have a loose tooth too, but I'm trying to keep it in so I can loose it in Disney World and get some Disney Dollars from Tink. Then oldest DS was bummed that he hadn't thought of that first. LOL. Kids crack me up sometimes. So it looks like we may also be getting a visit from Tink next week.

Kathy Jetson
10-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Well he lost his tooth while we were at Sci-Fi diner! I didn't bother calling Pop to ask if they could do anything special. I went to guest relations at DHS and got some Disney dollars and they gave me a I'm celebrating losing my first tooth button. I also got him a small car I put all 3 things under his pillow that night and left his tooth there and told him the tooth fairy and Tink wanted him to take it home so he could show his dad. He was very excited!

exvagirl
10-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Not sure if Disney does anything, but I read another post where the child was upset when they lost a tooth and thought that the Tooth Fairy would not know they were in WDW. The parents told the child that Tink would inform the Tooth Fairy to come and visit, since all Fairies talk to each other.

Might be worth a try. Good luck!

Thats what my parents told me when I lost my tooth riding up the elevator to Astro Orbiter when I was about 7 :) I got money and a tinkerbell pin :mickey:

MyDisneyworld
11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Never thought about what I would do if this happens to my daughters while we are there so thanks for the ideas. I like the Disney dollars, button and a letter from Tink.

garymacd
11-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Well, you could get him a button and write that one there (it could be what you are celebrating...you could really milk it too...mention it at all your TS meals, etc.) ;)

My thoughts exactly. Stop in at the main building at the park (maybe at your concierge desk, too) and get an, "I'm Celebrating" button. All CM's look for them and quite a few of us, too!