PDA

View Full Version : How long before should we line up for FANTASMIC?

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Why I didn't hink about this before just today I'll never understand....

We are going to be at DHS on Monday (one of 3 nights Fantasmic is playing) and plan to do Fantasmic. We've never watched it w/o having the Dining package. I just realized (thanks to reading trip reports) that we don't have the Fantasmic dining package this time around. I've never waited with everyone else.

How early should we line up if the show is at 7:30? Or should we not even line up and just go in hoping that we won't have to stand?

Monday is also a EMH evening if that matters... which I'm thinking it will.

Strmchsr
10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Crowds start forming 90-120 min before showtime. If you want to see the show you need to be in line, at a minimum, 60 minutes before, and 90 is probably better to make sure you don't wait for nothing.

Emsparents
10-13-2010, 09:05 PM
We saw Fantasmic on Sunday, October 3rd and the crowds were horrible. We went to the first show and had to sit way to one side of the show and down low. My DD loved being that low, but I would have preferred a seat higher up. We arrived about and hour or so before the show and all of the middle sections were taken. It filled up really quickly. We we left the show, there were tons of people lined up for the second show. I would suggest getting there as early as possible. At least an hour and half before the show is scheduled to start. I know you loose a lot of valuable ride time, but since they only show Fantasmic a few days a week now, they really fill up quickly and especially if it is extra magic hours in DHS that day.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
what time do they begin seating for the 730 show?

And are there 2 shows on EMH days? I don't see a 2nd show posted anywhere for next week. I'm thinking that if there's only 1 show, we'll have to send the grandparents to sit and reserved seats (I'm sure they'll be ready to just sit and snack! :D )

TheVBs
10-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Wow! That's a long time to wait for a show. :( We have never seen it, and we're really hoping to catch it next year, but there's no way any of us would have the patience to stand in a line that long. Maybe we'll consider the dining package.

Goes4FastPass
10-14-2010, 11:28 AM
The whole wait queue crowd camp out routine of going to see Fastasmic makes it less fantastic.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-14-2010, 11:31 AM
We have decided that we'll grab our dinner to go and hopefully be seated around 6:15ish and have dinner on the bleachers.

Now we just need to know where the nearest bathroom is for the 3 year old! :D

Gator
10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I skipped it on my last trip because of the crowds it caused at DHS. But when I came back home, I found myself wishing I'd braved the extra crowds and saw the show. I got one of the last Dining Packages left for the day we're going, which makes me worry what kind of crowds we'll be facing that day. Still, if I can see Fantasmic! (and maybe Indy:)), I'll be happy.

PETE FROM NYC
10-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Last month, DW and attempted to see the later show. The line was 6-8 people deep, and 3-4 blocks long an hour before showtime.
We did not see it that trip.
As to the dinner package, we did that route several trips back and we were still turned away.

SpecJoe Magic
10-15-2010, 06:35 AM
We have decided that we'll grab our dinner to go and hopefully be seated around 6:15ish and have dinner on the bleachers.

Now we just need to know where the nearest bathroom is for the 3 year old! :D

There is a bathroom behind the seating area for Fantasmic. In other words, when you first enter the amphitheater, instead of going to the right and down the stairs to find seating, turn to the left and away from the bleachers. You'll also see a concession stand near the bathroom.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the bathroom directions!