PDA

View Full Version : Walking from Beach Club

TinkerMel
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Could someone tell me approximately how long of a walk (in whatever terms you would like to use) is it from the Beach Club to Hollywood Studios and also to EPCOT? Would you consider walking the fastest way to get to these 2 parks from the resort? Thank you!

Disney Hungarian
10-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Walking to EPCOT is a leisurely stroll. But walking to HS is about 8/10 of a mile and would take about 20 minutes. The boat takes about 25 minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed the convenience of staying at the BC.:mickey:

azcavalier
10-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Walking is definitely faster. Last week we had parked at Epcot, but in the middle of the day had gone over to DHS. When it was time to leave, we went to catch a boat, but there was a long line. The boat was just coming up to dock. We decided to walk instead. The boat passed us just before we got to the Swan & Dolphin. But then it had to dock again. We were past the ESPN Club on the Boardwalk side before it even came into view again.

buzznwoodysmom
10-13-2010, 07:52 PM
We stayed at BC last November and the walk back to the room after our day at Epcot was about 10 minutes, probably less. But we were staying in the villas so we were very close. We didn't walk to DHS, but we really enjoy traveling to the parks by boat so that's what we did when we went to DHS.

faline
10-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Generally, even when walking slowly, we beat the boat. Last summer (think August), we walked from Disney Studios to Boardwalk and back again. We beat the boat both ways even though we weren't walking at a particularly quick pace.

BrerGnat
10-13-2010, 09:40 PM
To Epcot, for sure walk. It's very short.

To DHS, if you're up for a stroll, and the weather is cooperative, the walk is nice. In the event of excessively stormy weather (with lightning), you can be assured that they run buses from DHS to the Epcot resorts.

Suz36
10-13-2010, 11:50 PM
We did the walk from the Boardwalk to DHS and back, and it was very nice - took us about 15 minutes. I'd guess from the Beach Club it would be just a little bit more. It's all a matter of timing as to which is faster - if you catch the boat just right, I'm sure it's faster, but if you've just missed one, walking is probably faster. I'd suggest seeing what you're in the mood for that day, and going from there!

Disney Doll
10-14-2010, 10:45 AM
The walk from EPCOT to Beach Club is very short. We made it in under ten minutes and that was pushing a double stroller so we were not especially quick. EPCOT is literally right next door. Walking to EPCOT is certainly the quickest option.

DHS was a bit of a jaunt. We were planning to walk it and see how long it took, but we ended up skipping DHS altogether for more time at Magic Kingdom.

brownie
10-14-2010, 12:11 PM
It was about a 10 minute walk to Epcot, but we stayed at the end of the Beach Club closest to Epcot. It puts you in World Showcase, so tack on some more time if you are headed to Future World.

jakeybake
11-12-2010, 09:14 AM
I found the walk to the International Gateway in Epcot to be a breeze. 5 minutes tops.

The walk to DHS was a bit longer, around 15-20 minutes but it really is a nice peaceful walk.

If the boat is at the dock then I would snag it but if not then I always walk.

Jay

Mousemates
11-12-2010, 03:10 PM
We walk to (and from) Epcot when at either the BC or YC...as for DS in the morning if the boat is there or about to arrive we do the boat...if not we walk....in the evenings, if we are really tired we wait on the boat, if we are still feeling a bit perky we walk.

DisneyDudet
11-12-2010, 03:39 PM
We usually walk. We've stayed in that area three time and go between Epcot and DHS often (usually for Beaches n Cream :thumbsup: ). If we are just so tired and the boat is either there or close and we aren't in a hurry, we may wait. I tend to feel like doing something, even if it's wrong, is better than standing and doing nothing.

MOJoe
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Every time this question is asked, the responses always qualify the pace taken as leisurely, unhurried, even slow. As an alternative, i offer this.

Once my family wanted to go from the Studios to Epcot. My wife, who is not a walker, decided to take the boat. My sons wanted to shop at the ESPN club for some t-shirts on the way, and play video games if time allowed. So we hurried over. We didn't run, but we didn't take a leisurely walk. We had plenty of time. The boys browsed around, bought their items, ran out of money for video games, and then started looking for their mom.
"She has to be at Epcot by now." we agreed. No way. Not even close. We waited a good 15 to 20 more minutes for the boat she was in to arrive. We were shocked at both how quickly we could get from park to park by walking, and how slow those boats are. :wait:

DisneyDudet
11-12-2010, 04:40 PM
When full, those boats move quite slow.