PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT, the Studios, or AK on a one day one park?

sportsguy2315
10-12-2010, 09:53 AM
DGF and I are going to WDW in early January during Marathon Week, and I'm stuck as to what park to take her. She has only spent "a couple of hours" in MK and wants to see something different while leaving the park decision up to me. Our budget allows for one day, one park, but I'm unsure as to which park I want to take her to.

Disney Hungarian
10-12-2010, 09:57 AM
My vote is for EPCOT. Lots to see and do, plus all the dining options.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
My vote is for EPCOT. Lots to see and do, plus all the dining options.:mickey:

I agree...it's definitely a full day park!

JerseyDad
10-12-2010, 10:19 AM
.....EPCOT is definitely a good choice for a FULL day park experience......however....you really need at least two days to get through it all without rushing. If this would be your choice...see if Extra Magic Hours are in effect on the day you set aside to go.

.....if you don't want a case of the "hurry ups" to set in....my second choice would be Animal Kingdom

goofy-4-disney
10-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I would go with EPCOT...that park offers more dining options and attractions then the other two. I could very easily just go there for World Showcase if I had a one day pass to use.

Disney4us2
10-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I would go with Epcot. They have longer hours than AK. DHS just doesn't hold as much interest for me.

Mousemates
10-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Epcot or DS...we have never quite figured out how to do an early morning to late closing day at AKL...its a half day park for us.

cajunprincess
10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
Epcot here. I agree with everyone about the attractions as well as the many dining experiences. AK is a 1/2 day park for us. Epcot has longer hours, a beautiful night time firework show, and Soarin!!!

Gator
10-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Whoa! Looks like Epcot is running away with it. And for good reason. With the fun rides in Future World, and the great food and live entertainment of World Showcase, you can't go wrong. Not to mention the best fireworks show in the world.

SAHDad
10-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Count me in for EPCOT as well. AK is nice, and I enjoy spending a day there, but if I had to choose, it would be EPCOT without hesitation. DHS is waay behind - the shows are nice, but I am not impressed with a lot of the dining options, and we generally do DHS in half a day, and leave to eat somewhere else.

RAIDER
10-13-2010, 03:23 AM
If you want to get through a whole park in a day ,then my vote goes to DHS if you want something varied as all the others above have said ,then its got to be Epcot :thumbsup:

Mogie
10-13-2010, 09:09 AM
I would go to Animal Kingdom. On a day with decent crowds you can probably go on all the attractions. The park also closes early at 5, so you might even have an hour or 2 to spend say in HS and hit up a ride or 2, or just hang out in Epcot.

Ian
10-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Didn't even have to think about this one ... Epcot, Epcot, Epcot.

I struggle saying it, but Epcot is at worst now tied as my favorite Disney theme park. I'm still a Magic Kingdom guy at heart, but I do find myself spending more and more enjoyable time in Epcot than ever before.

To me, DHS and AK are, "Oh yeah gotta see them too" parks. I definitely would never prioritize either of them over MK or Epcot.

Jared
10-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I love Animal Kingdom nowadays, but I couldn't vote against Epcot, especially for a first-timer. You won't see everything in a day, but that's OK. Just an excuse to return someday.

Unfortunately, I barely consider the Studios a Disney park anymore. It has Toy Story Mania and the Tower of Terror. That's about it.

bopeepfan
10-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I think Epcot would be a good choice.

KatrinaJ91
10-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I struggle saying it, but Epcot is at worst now tied as my favorite Disney theme park. I'm still a Magic Kingdom guy at heart, but I do find myself spending more and more enjoyable time in Epcot than ever before.

To me, DHS and AK are, "Oh yeah gotta see them too" parks. I definitely would never prioritize either of them over MK or Epcot.

I agree totally! Sometimes I feel "guilty" liking our time at Epcot....dare I say it....more than Magic Kingdom! :blush: MK will always be my first choice, but Epcot is definitely a very, very close second!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Not even close, if I can only chose one park and MK is not an option, it has to be Epcot

Hull-onian
10-14-2010, 02:29 PM
For us, it would be Epcot and WS, because there are so many choices. You don't have to do all of them, and plenty of places to choose from to eat. That was easy.....:mickey:

Tink1
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Epcot is easily my favorite park. I often go down and only have one park day due to work. It is always Epcot.

I can sit for hours by the fountain alone.

Nanc

CU Tiger
10-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Epcot for sure. It is hard to do everything in one day there. The other two are half day parks for us. Hollywood Studios may be better for the kids though. The rides are better.

Brooklynos
10-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Another Epcot here... Lots to do, great variety and great places to eat. AK is a 3/4 day park for us and DHS is in that same boat for us... Epcot is always a nice relaxing day while seeing a whole lot!!!!

And if on the dining plan try and get into Le Cellier (if adr's are still available for your time). In my opinion, it is well worth the trip!!!

Have a great time!!!

mainemajor
10-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Epcot for me. It's my favorite park. There is so much to see and do from early morning to late night.

Horizon One
10-25-2010, 12:28 PM
I think that Epcot will give you the best experience.
It will take longer than either of the other parks and has more to the park.
My favorite parks are Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
I enjoy Epcot a lot and it gives you a good mix of attractions to view.

Minnie97
10-25-2010, 07:18 PM
I would go to Epcot because it is my favorite out of the three. I also think it has the best restaurants.:mickey:

KAT1811
10-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Epcot for me. It's my favorite park. There is so much to see and do from early morning to late night.

:ditto:

For us Animal Kingdom is a half day park at best and DHS isn't a park that I need to go to. If I miss it I miss it. the MK and Epcot on the other hand are two not to miss parks. Epcot is my favorite park out of all of them.

disneymom2000
11-01-2010, 09:09 PM
EPCOT is always the hands down winner on these polls. The only problem is that unless it is a small crowd day, you can't seem to get to all of EPCOT in one day. Then you beat yourself up for the parts you don't get to.