PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Dining Plan when Switching Resorts

SignguyTom
10-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Our next trip will be all adults: Me, my wife, her folks and my mom. We are all staying for 7 nights at BWV and will be using the Regular DDP for this portion of our stay. At the end of 7 nights, the folks go home and my wife & I will be switching to another resort (hopefully concierge level at AKV) for another 4 nights and would like to upgrade to the Deluxe DDP at that time. Is this allowed? We are DVC members and will already have park tickets from the earlier stay. My thought is that there should be no problem since it will be a seperate room reservation and we'd simply add whichever DDP we want. Is this correct?

Disney Hungarian
10-11-2010, 05:05 PM
I was at WDW 10/4 to 10/8 and when I checked in I tried to upgrade my dining package. I was told I had to do that 3 days before my check-in date.

faline
10-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Are you staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge on points? Or are you paying cash for a dining package?

SignguyTom
10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Staying at both resorts on points. Plan to request the DDP upgrade well ahead of time.

ElenitaB
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM
As you are DVC members and have two separate reservations, this won't be a problem. Be sure to call Member Services at least 48 hours prior to your arrival check-in date. With the recent change in rules, payment is now due in full when you add the the Disney Dining Plan to your reservation.

Enjoy your trip!