PDA

View Full Version : The Pirates League at MK

wdwnutz
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Has anyone done this? If so, how did it go?

Joannelet
10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
My sister had her son do this and he LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!! :0) It is a lot of fun and worth it. Very memorable as well. They do a great job in there! I think my sister said she liked it better than BBB with her daughter.

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-11-2010, 07:20 AM
I took three there on NYE. DS (11), DD (11), & DN (9). All three had a blast and would do it again in a heart beat. Pictures were great and they got positive comments all day long.

The CMs were awesome. They interacted extremely well with both the children and the adults. If you go don't forget to mention covering up "the black spot".

jetsdc
10-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Can anyone give more details on what this is? What's the age range for this?

Joannelet
10-11-2010, 04:40 PM
To reply to the previous post it is where your child (or adult) can get made over into a pirate. So it involves face painting so you may want to wait till your child is old enough to have face paint done. You also get a pirate name, they give you some pointers on being a pirate etc. It is really cute and a lot of fun. Very entertaining and the cast members are wonderful!!!!

pooh's pal eeyore
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
We just returned and both my kids did this fun activity. They get to turn a treasure chest and out comes dice to help pick their pirate name. Then they are made up with make-up, bandana, sword with a belt, eye patch. They get to pick which look they want. The CM's make a big deal each time a new pirate is completed. It was $30 each but they had a great time. You can purchase pirate costumes there, but we brought theirs with us. They do make about 6 pictures each that you can have loaded to your photopass card. They put one of the pictures in a keepsake folder and sell them to you for $25 (folder is $15, picture is $10). So for the 2 kids it was about $100.

disneymom2000
10-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Man This sounds really cool. I love to have my face painted. And to wear pirate paraphanelia is a bonus.

TheVBs
10-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know, is it difficult to get a reservation shortly before one of the Halloween parties?

misspriss
10-14-2010, 01:05 PM
My DS9 and DD3 did this in Sept. It was awesome. They loved the experience and the makeovers turned out so good! My son had people stop him and ask to take pictures of him. And a cast member even asked for his autograph. lol We brought costumes from home. I would recommend this to anyone. My DD3 loved getting her nails painted and makeup done. She is more princess than pirate but still wanted to do it with her brother. And we were all glad she did!