PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Which performing cast member at an attraction would you want to be most?

MaxPower
10-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Although Walt Disney World has many Equity actors employed for various shows and parades, several park attractions require performances and public speaking by regular cast members. Which performing cast member would you want to be most?

eeyorepoohfan
10-08-2010, 05:02 PM
I voted to work on the Jungle Cruise. I can't get enough of the corny jokes and find myself saying the lines right along with the CMs!

Gator
10-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Gotta go with the safari guide. It's like being a jungle cruise skipper, but for real. "It's never the same ride twice."

BellesRose
10-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I chose the Haunted Mansion. It's my favorite ride. Last time, I decided to try my hardest to get the CM to laugh. He didn't, but he sure made me laugh! He also scared me to death, and I'm not easily frightened. So I think it would be a nice challenge for me to not smile all day.

However, if I could sing well, I would want to be Belle at DHS on stage.

crltkcagle
10-08-2010, 08:23 PM
I voted HM but Great Movie ride is a very close second!

AndyMan
10-09-2010, 12:40 AM
I'm surprised there are so many votes for Haunted Mansion - that is one hot costume in the summer!

Hazmat
10-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Tower of Terror all the way for me. If I had to pick a second. Haunted mansion :p

DisneyPrincess21
10-09-2010, 03:21 AM
I voted for the Great Movie Ride, because it's one of my favorite rides.

But if I had the choice I wouldn't mind being one of the pirates who gets to work closely with Captain Jack Sparrow :heart: :blush: :secret:

(I saw a CM once who looked so much like Johnny Depp I had to do a double take to see if it was really him) :rub:

TheVBs
10-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Had to put in a vote for TOT bellhop for our dental hygenist. She's a total Disney nut like we are and she swears when she retires she's getting that job. :D

Minnie_Mouse
10-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Had to pick Tower of Terror, One of my favorites!:coaster:

Zawadi
10-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Out of the list the Safari drivers have the most difficult job in driving the trucks, remembering the timings for the Simba 1 script and watching for animals both inside and outside the truck.

Saying that I went for the ToT Bellhop. I've been on ToT over 200 times and have seen a wide range in embracement of the roll. There was one guy over 6'4" who was brilliant at being "Lurch"ish, rolling his hands, showing the whites of his eyes and out starring you.

Kaps
10-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Safari guide for sure. Just looks like it would be fun and different every day

joanna71985
10-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I kind of had to go with GMR. ;)

Daisy'sMom
10-09-2010, 06:21 PM
HM followed by GMR!:mickey:

DisneyPrincess21
10-09-2010, 08:47 PM
I kind of had to go with GMR. ;)

I should guess so :D

That is one of my favorite rides at WDW. I am a sucker for the classics and I just love movies in general.

Is it fun working at GMR or does it get kinda old quick?

PopeCharming
10-09-2010, 10:57 PM
My sense of humor gravitates heavily toward the corny, so it looks like its the skipperhood of the Jungle Cruise for me.

VWL Mom
10-10-2010, 07:35 AM
I voted to work on the Jungle Cruise. I can't get enough of the corny jokes and find myself saying the lines right along with the CMs!

:ditto:

JenniferS.
10-10-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm surprised there are so many votes for Haunted Mansion - that is one hot costume in the summer!

Yes, but the ride is indoors and has air conditioning!!

Joannelet
10-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Out of the list the Safari drivers have the most difficult job in driving the trucks, remembering the timings for the Simba 1 script and watching for animals both inside and outside the truck.

I can 2nd this since my roomie on the CP program drove the Safari truck. It is also very difficult when an animal is standing on the road and the cars cannot move until it moves. Once there was an animal on the road for 45 minutes....I remember my roomie telling me it was the worst day ever because she had a child who had to go the bathroom and the father wanted to lean her over the side to go to the bathroom.....Was not a fun experience with an angry father and a child who had to go potty.....ah, the life of a cast member :)

dixielandings
10-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I love standing in line at ToT and watching people who've never been on it, nervous faces, Kids and adults alike...I think I would enjoy messing with them as a CM. All in good fun, of course!

ANG
10-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Hm!

darthmacho
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I think the Safari would be the best place because the live animals would provide the most variety and keep things from getting boring. I love animals and this is my favorite WDW ride, and I simply can't get enough of it! :mickey:

Imagineer1981
10-11-2010, 02:55 PM
ya, I think the safari guide would be a lot of fun....plus you never have to work past 5!

BigThunderFan
10-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Every day when I take my kids to school I get the same old "Daddy, do the Jungle Cruise!". I have the script memorized already...

That's right, Ginger snaps...

They grow from 12 inches up to a whopping one foot... (my son just got this earlier this week...)

It's ok to stare folks, they have their trunks on...

...named after the famous anthropologist, Dr Albert Falls...

Looks like they finally got that jeep to turn over...

and on, and on, and on! :D

IrishMickey
10-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Jungle Cruise Skipper "Now that is something you don't see everyday! But I do!", I say the lines now, it would not be a hard transition. :mickey:

disneymom2000
10-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I would love to know all that information about growing the plants and the environment.

joanna71985
10-12-2010, 11:36 PM
ya, I think the safari guide would be a lot of fun....plus you never have to work past 5!

Not during the summer ;)

Yes, but the ride is indoors and has air conditioning!!

But don't forget, there are outdoor positions too (so you aren't always inside).

I should guess so :D

That is one of my favorite rides at WDW. I am a sucker for the classics and I just love movies in general.

Is it fun working at GMR or does it get kinda old quick?

Oh man, it is a blast! I've been at GMR for almost 10 months now, and I'm still having as much fun as the day I started

RAIDER
10-13-2010, 03:20 AM
By the way a very good question :thumbsup:

I went for the Safari Truck Cast member as at least with the animals it will be varied each time you went out

disneymom2000
10-14-2010, 08:50 PM

Hadn't thought of this angle before. :silly:

bopeepfan
10-14-2010, 09:22 PM
I think the Jungle Cruise would be a fun job.

Mousemates
10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Jungle Cruise all the way....your outside (which in spite of the heat is preferable to me) and generally in the shade with air moving. And you have enough options in your spiel to keep things interesting.

mainemajor
10-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Bellhop works for me. They are the last person you see before the ride really begins and they can add a lot to the ride or not.

Plex
10-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I think the Jungle Cruise would be the most fun for sure. I'm always cracking corny jokes anyway, so it wouldn't be too difficult for me.

Second would probably be ToT - something seems like a lot of fun about being creepy all day.

kemps@wdw
10-18-2010, 10:16 PM
None of the above. I want to be either a VIP tour guide (thank you Patrick), or a CM @ the 50's Prime Time Cafe (cousin Mikey was toooo much fun). :D

brad192
10-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Of the ones listed in the poll, I chose Jungle Cruise Skipper. I dearly love the corny jokes & puns, and practically have the script memorized (I actually downloaded it from the web). :blush: That being said though...

My dream performing CM spot would be as a bass/baritone for the Voices of Liberty. :cloud9: I've been singing in choral groups since I was a teenager, and this group is the "Top of the Mountain" for me. It's a line item on my "Bucket List" to sing just one set with them.:D

Minnie97
10-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I would go with the skipper. I love the jokes they tell. It would be a lot of fun to get to make some of your own jokes to do to.:minnie:

finaldynasty
12-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Being a Jungle Cruise skipper is classic...if only for a day!

c&d
12-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I chose HM. Way back in the 70's when I first went to WDW it's the one ride that I really talked about when I got home. When I finally made it back in the 90's is was still as magical as I remembered.

andywicks
12-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Kilimanjaro Safari Guide every time!

I love it! :mickey: