PDA

View Full Version : What is Remy's Schedule?

wildernesslady
10-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I just changed up some ADRs for our trip this month, and we are now going to France one night. Is Remy there usually during dinner? It would be a great surprise to see him.

faline
10-08-2010, 02:32 PM
We had a 5 p.m. reservation and saw Remy. Other posters have indicated they were told he leaves around 6 so you'd need to have a fairly early dinner reservation to see him.

mickeyman42
10-08-2010, 04:30 PM
just a quick question, why does remy have to only be there at random times? he is animatronic right? its not like they trained a real rat that needs breaks and food, why not have him going around all of the time? I really dont think it would ruin the ambiance of the restaurant or surprise of seeing him, I think it would make people go out of their way to go and see. I would love to go if I knew he would be around but I dont know If I'd eat there if he wasn't going to be there.

ok I'll calm down now.:blush:

faline
10-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Remy is wheeled around the restaurant by a person so it's not like he just operates without any human intervention.

wildernesslady
10-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks. We have a 4:50 ADR so hopefully we will see him.

Zawadi
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
We had an ADR on Monday 20 Sept at 5pm in the hope of seeing Remy. We had seen him in Dec 09 when we had a 5pm reservation, so were hoping that this was a good time.

We were really disappointed when he didn't tour the restaurant and asked the waiter whether Chef Remy was on the premises that day. The response was that he now only appears at lunchtimes (except Sunday-his day off) when the restaurant was quieter. So whether his schedule has changed - I don't know

TheRustyScupper
10-08-2010, 05:34 PM
. . . he now only appears at lunchtimes (except Sunday-his day off) when the restaurant was quieter . . .

. . . just a quick question, why does remy have to only be there at random times? . . .

1) He is there on a regular daily schedule - 12:30, 1:40, 2:50 & 5:20pm
2) But, ONLY during lunch hours.
3) The purpose is to drag in more lunch business.
4) There is enough dinner business, so no need for inducement.
5) Strictly business.

NOTE: Since Epcot doesn't open until 11:00am, there were many days that Chefs would not be busy until well after 5:00pm. With 5:20pm as the last appearance, this forces people to visit during the traditional slow times. And it has worked well.

wildernesslady
10-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I guess I will keep it quiet from the kids just in case we don't see him. We thought it would be fun, but not our main reason for dining there. I have tried Chefs for lunch, but no one else in my party of 8 has ever tried it. Hopefully we will enjoy.

brownie
10-09-2010, 09:52 AM
We ended up cancelling our Chefs de France reservation since we didn't cross the time for one of Remy's appearances and weren't able to find another reservation time. It would have been cool to see.

TheVBs
10-09-2010, 09:57 AM
We've thought of making a reservation at an off time and just having an appetizer or dessert. That way, if he's not out for some reason, it wouldn't be a big expense to find that out.